Boy, did we screw up on the new cherokee

superj

We pulled a lift from the pic n pull, from two different cherokees, front Springs one weekend, and rear shackles the next. Well, we put them on and did we mess up. The rear is a 1.5" lift with just the shackles because we didn't take the leaf Springs (need to go back though) and the front are 6" lift springs.

We are going to grab the leaf Springs that were with the shackles and look for some lift spacers for the stock Springs because these are ridiculous. I told Jason we can hold off till we get the rear lift Springs and see how it turns out or cut those 6" Springs out and put the stock ones back in. We are holding for the rear Springs to see how they even it out but God dang!!! This thing is tall now. It's like my old 87 used to be

6" is way too tall of a coil for the short-arm suspension, unless you use drop brackets for the control arms. At 6" the springs won't compress much, the near vertical control arms will transfer most bumps right to the chassis.

Consider the drop brackets or something closer to a 4" coil. There's also some good online charts for control arm length based on spring height if you need it, with or without drop brackets.

if he wants to stay with the 6", i am buying control arm drop brackets. thats what i used on my 87 cherokee and it rode like a dream. i would rather go 3-4" and let him drive it that way.

i will have to take a pic but it looks like those pick up truck guys who have the front really high and the back normal. surprisingly, it rides very smoothly though

you know whats funny? jason has been driving it to school and places in its current form, which is funny looking to me, and he loves it. i think i will have to buy a control arm drop bracket kit so he can keep it this high. i told him we will put some 30s or 31s on it, if he likes the lift

they aren't anymore. they could have been anything, i am not sure, but they lifted the front so much that i am just guessing they were six. we took them off and have the stock ones back on and will just put 2" spacers above those to make it sit level now. we also put the fog lights on the brush guard while we were in the garage. we had to do all the fog light wiring so we ran a proper relay and everything so there would be no worries about overheating any wires

Yup, we didn't either. We want level instead of nose high. I understand why people go nose high but I don't like it

Back