Moser 1 piece amc 20

james5454

Just put in my trutrac and installed my moser 1 piece axles. They went in fine but after touring the backing plate bolts down they are a bit stiff to turn. Anyone else run into this? Is this normal since they are new and haven't been run? Will it loosen up a little after it gets. Few miles on them? It not so tight that I can't turn them by hand though. I can grab them and turn them all day.

It has been a long time since I have installed a set, but if you have the end play set correctly then I would think it is fine. If I remember correctly the end play is all there is to set. Ran mine for almost ten years with no problems

The good thing about the moser is there is no endplay adjustment. Just once everything is in the tube the bearing is supposed to stick out 0.020"-0.080". I'm within that. Just stiff. Wondering if that goes away. But I'm with you if everything is in specs it should be ok. Sometimes I wonder though.

I would be wondering too. Can you find a phone number for moser and call them? Its been so long I honestly cant remember if mine was stiffer or not after the install.

Back