2013 Jeep Wrangler 2dr Sport (hardtop) leaking...

SHESAJEEPER

Somebody please help!

I bought a 2013 Jeep Wrangler 2dr sport with hardtop. I love this car, love its look, love the way it drives, but what I don't love
is that the top leaks after EVERY rain. I have taken it to the Jeep Dealership 2 times now. First time they told me the Freedom Panels weren't
on properly, they "fixed" it the next rain came and the leak was worse. I took it back to the dealership then they told me that the weather stripping
needed replaced so they replaced it. It rained last night and then this morning I back out of my driveway and water came POURING in my car on both sides and on top of me and got me completely soaked... What a way to start a Monday right...? But any way my warranty ran out last week and now I have no idea what to do.

Someone Help...

If the issue was reported before your warrant was out you should still be covered.

Post pics of the issue where the water is coming in at.

don't worry about the warranty check into your State Lemon Laws this is a third time and most states consider that a lemon especially after the first two under warranty. If you bought it new they MAY end up replacing the top at their cost. here in Wisconsin the dealer & Manufacturer would be responsible jointly.

Do look into it but don't be surprised to find the lemon law 3X issue is for major drive train issues. Smaller requires 5X issues.

You could call Chrysler directly to discuss the issue.

In Wisconsin it is "usability based". cooling, charging, AC & heating, window leakage, premature rust through and similar issues that affect suitability of use issues, the Drive train is covered under different laws due to the MFG warranty.

Just take it back to the dealer if you haven't done so already, you should still be able to get it covered under warranty.

The big problem is the dealer is probably unable to duplicate the water leak and therefore cannot see exactly where the leak is coming from, and they are just guessing. Which is fine and the best thing to do if they are unable to duplicate the leak.

Calling Chrysler will literally do nothing, other than they will confirm that you will be covered and they will recommend you make an appointment to bring it back to the dealer. They are unable to diagnose your water leak over the phone, unfortunately.

My 2015 Wrangler leaked a somewhat small amount of water the first two rain storms it was in. I never took the vehicle in and have not had any issues since, which was odd. I've had the vehicle for over a year now and has been through several storms since.

If you do finally get the water leak taken care of, please post and let us know what actually fixed the problem.

I know the dealership I goto has a rain tester if you want to call it. They made a bar with a bunch little holes in it to simulate rain and will park vushicales under while looking for the water to come in.

Also lemon law I know is diffrent in ever state butbi do not think it would apply here. Most lemon laws that I am aware of the problem must have started in the first 12k miles. I would assume with yours being a 2013 you have more than that.

You Tube it. 10 + times to the dealer and still leaks look on Pinterest for the leak fix manual.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

I think a lot of people have leak trouble on those. our 07 never leaked but tons of people I knew had leak issues.

whats the point of ad top if is going to soak you just like a soft top? I would be super mad if it was me

Same excuses, jeep/fiat/chrysler would have a major recall. Because of the body flexing the panels won't stay in a stable position to create a constant seal around the top. If the companies representatives cannot replicate the leak they cannot be at fault. They can use different materials for the seals and gaskets, not foam ,a rubber type.Maybe a different design for a better seal etc....so on and so forth.

Welcome to Jeepz! Loved my soft top, never a leak. Get rid of the hard top and get a soft top. 8) I know that doesn't help but I had no issues with water, noise or cold with my soft top and it was easier to remove than the hard. Good luck getting this resolved as I've heard there are a lot of people having leaking problems with the newer hard tops. Let us know what happens.

Trade your hard top for a soft and buy a smitty built safari hard top or wild boar hard top.

Trade your hard top for a soft and buy a smitty built safari hard top or wild boar hard top.

Gr8 tops will be coming out with a safari top . jsherb the designer invented it. My factory top leaks also,it's the sponge foam seals.

Back