Identify this wire

Thomas2000

Just put a new motor in and can't figure where this wire is supposed to go, seems to trace back to the ignition coil rail. It's a green wire with a red/ orange stripe. Only 1 wire in the loom and plug only has 1 pin. It's a 2000 grand Cherokee 4wd auto 4.0 6 cylinder.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
No idea, if it is any idea where it goes? I put a test light on it and didn't seem to get any power, but it doesn't seem to fit on any ground studs. There's isn't any kind of aftermarket tach if that's what you're thinking. For reference that's the oil filter in the background.

Last edited:

i don't recognize it from the 98 grand we took our engine from. must be on newer ones only? maybe a knock sensor that bolts to the side of the block somewhere?

I tried bolting it down as a ground but the jeep will not start. Injectors are not pulsing, I traced this wire to the injectors, maybe it is some kind of signal wire?

i guess that if it runs without that hooked up, wrap it so it doesn;t short out on something and drive it to see what is not working

Back