Looking for any advice on how to replace my 1995 Jeep YJ 2.5 injectors

Make certain you can get the quick disconnects off before wetting down the o-rings (wd-40) and attempting removal . Sometimes quick disconnects aren't so quick. Sometimes they break . There is a tool available for this .You want to avoid a repair where a parts swap was the plan. If the quick connects break , there are replacement kits to repair but sometimes not to ouch fun to actually do. Trying to help,you avoid a PITA job that is possible to do but wasn't asked for.

Last edited:
Unplug the electrical connectors, remove the small metal clips holding each injector, and evenly pull on the fuel rail. It takes some pretty good force but pull evenly to prevent damage.

I ran mid '90s Ford Crown Vic v8 injectors in my '95 2.5L and it ran much smoother.

Unplug the electrical connectors, remove the small metal clips holding each injector, and evenly pull on the fuel rail. It takes some pretty good force but pull evenly to prevent damage.

I ran mid '90s Ford Crown Vic v8 injectors in my '95 2.5L and it ran much smoother.

Thanks ! will try that .

Yup, the ford injectors help alot.

Also, if the fuel rail is sticking, use a long wrench or pry bar to apply smooth even force to one end and then the other and they will come right out

Back