Dual battery set-up Q

jrdchiropractic

M looking at a dual set up. '09 2 door JK w rugged ridge snorkel, cobra 75 all in one CB, on board air compressor, and Q9000 winch. Off road lights in future. I think that covers all the stuff. Question is, what would be the best set up. Other threads are confusing me. Isolate 1 battery for starter, other stuff on 2nd battery? Or run both together? Also, anyone using T-max 47-3800 dual battery system to isolate? Seems like an interesting system. Any input is appreciated. Do I have to run 2 identical batteries? RR makes a battery tray they say will fit w their snorkel. Thanks dudes and dudettes (0|||||||0)

Running dual battery's can be beneficial. First consideration in electrical is load. Are you setting up to be a rescue vehicle constantly pulling rigs at night with lights? If your more of a mid wheeler occasionally using the winch, you could get away with a good single battery, doing the BIG three with proper gauge wire for the wench and keeping the RPMs up. If you run a dual set up I would suggest the second battery for the wench and use an isolator when not in use.

Last edited:
Back