Hello From AZ

Keith__C

I joined up a couple weeks ago and posted a hello in the CJ column but saw this one here today. Name is Keith and I am from NW AZ. I have a 79 CJ7 I picked up not to long ago and an in the process of building it up. This is my third Jeep, my first was a 91 Cherokee and my second was an 82 CJ7, I owned the second CJ7 for less than 1 day as my XJ caught fire and burned them both to the ground as I was towing it home. Injectors leaked onto the exhaust and POOF. My plans for the CJ include an axle swap to a high pinion Dana 44 and a Ford 8.8. I parted out a 79 bronco a few years back and kept the front axle to convert to 8 lug to match the dana 60 that I swapped ino my 79 Bronco. Now I have the 5 lug D44 from that Bronco sitting around and I figured what better place than the Jeep for it, who knows I might go 8-lug conversion on that and put my other D60 rear in the Jeep instead of the 8.8. I have a Ford 205 T-Case attached to a T-18 transmission that I will be swaping in behind a mild 393 Stroker with either 9:1 on pump gas or 12.5:1 on Propane depending on if I make it a driver/wheeler or just a deidcated wheeler. Once it is done though I look forward to wheeling it and making new friends.

Back