Jeep VIN Decoder

I sort of knew it wouldn't have mine in there.:lol:

No big deal motor veihcle has my wife listed as Gone Postal
wonder why LOL
image-missing.png
Must be because she 's a mail carrier

HTTP 500 internal server error on VIN Decoder.
VIN 8705F17 62078 on my ?1971 Jeepster Commando?

87? (model?)
05=open body
F; I found what this means on the web but didn't write it down or save the page
1=left hand drive
7=?
62078=serial number

How do I figure out the Build Year?

Thanks! LOADS of help! We finally upgraded to the big toy- the Harley and two ATVs just weren't cutting it so we gave the 'second' car for an '88 YJ that we can work on as a couple and play in the dirt in on the weekends too! 'Upgraded' to fuel injected, test drove and looked great, so we figured it would drive 'OK' and would have great upgrades and projects in the future. WRONG! The more we dig the more electrician vomit we find! Error, followed by error, followed by months at a time in searing heat. At least we know now where it started from.....:rolleyes: Good thing hubby is good with a wrench and wife has spent 15+ years in the auto repair industry as well!

We'll be back!

Inv.Joe said:
Thanks! LOADS of help! We finally upgraded to the big toy- the Harley and two ATVs just weren't cutting it so we gave the 'second' car for an '88 YJ that we can work on as a couple and play in the dirt in on the weekends too! 'Upgraded' to fuel injected, test drove and looked great, so we figured it would drive 'OK' and would have great upgrades and projects in the future. WRONG! The more we dig the more electrician vomit we find! Error, followed by error, followed by months at a time in searing heat. At least we know now where it started from.....:rolleyes: Good thing hubby is good with a wrench and wife has spent 15+ years in the auto repair industry as well!

We'll be back!

Welcome to the world of jeeps that sucks your having electric issues. don't give up on it.

It's telling me my Grand Wagoneer is supposed to be a 2WD 4-speed. I knew it was pieced together by a PO but WOW.

Back