need help getting fob to work again

redqueen

A while ago I wrote in about a 1996 GC Laredo which was having starting problems. It had started with the fob failing to open the doors. Turns out the battery was deader than a doornail. I replaced it with a brand new battery but it was still dead, wouldn't start, wouldn't even turn over...turns out the brand new battery I got at O'Reilly's had a dead cell in it. Took it back got it replaced and put in the jeep and it started up like there had never been a problem...(I guess it's my karma that if there is a brand new battery with a dead cell I'D be the one to buy it...)

So, it starts like a champ, got the information center reset but the fob still won't trigger the door locks. I changed out the batteries in the fob and it still doesn't work. Is there a trick to get the fob to trigger the locks again? Does it have to be reset or something and is it something I can do at home or does it have to go to a dealer?

Thanks in advance everybody for your help!!

Try pushing the lock and unlock buttons at the same time. Then push one the buttons to see if the fob works. If it still doesn't work then the only alternative i know is to take it to a dealer.

Back