One Day Viair Sale!

i like the site, just bought a wall clock, pretty good deal too

How are the Viair compressors? I'm looking for something to inflate my 31s. Which one would you recommend?

The Viair compressors are nice and they have a lot of different options. The main choice is whether or not you are looking for speed and quick use or a slower, but constant use. Most lower duty cycle compressors put out a higher CFM (air flow), but can only run part of the time. For example, a 25% duty cycle compressor can run for 15 minutes of every hour. A 100% duty cycle compressor can run for the full hour. I recommend going with at least a 30% duty cycle and personally I use a 100% duty cycle compressor. I'd rather wait a little longer to air up than worry about overheating the compressor on larger tires.
The 300 series compressors would be a good fit for 31s. The 325C is a 33% duty cycle and the 330C and 350C are 100% duty cycle. The 325C puts out 1.77 CFM, the 330C 1.06 CFM, and the 350C 1.48 CFM. The 400 series compressors are quite a bit faster, but also more expensive. Air tanks can always be added at a later time for air tools or to get a quick jump on filling your tires before the compressor kicks in.

Back