Rough Country is here!!!!!

RoughCountry

Just Released!!!

4" & 6" TJ long arm kits and 4" & 6" Rough Country TJ short arm to long arm upgrade kits.
Jeep TJ Suspension Lift Kits

In the Works!!!

4.5" & 6.5" XJ long arm and 4.5" & 6.5" Rough Country XJ short arm to long arm upgrade kits.

We are proud to add these to our ever expanding Jeep inventory.

If you have any questions or comments just shoot me a pm or give me a call. My name is Dustin.
Check us out @ Rough Country.

I just installed the 4" Rough country on my 94 yj, I painted a few of the black parts the color of the boots to make the kit stand out a bit more.(drop pitman arm, sway bar links etc).....Instuctions were thorough only one downfall in the kit, the sticker/decal that goes on the windshield.....that should go on the inside with a tinted backgound. I figure the only reason its a exterior one is because of the "jeep glare windshield". But you have to take into consideration my 11" wiper blades come winter time will probably only wipe about 8" due to the decal. Sorry for being an anal *******.;) Other then that sweet setup.

We don't have anything in the works at this time. I am going to mention it to my R & D dept. I will keep you posted if we decide to build that kit.

Stupid question here but whats the short arm and long arm lift differences. im in the market for a lift and wanted to do some research,,,

I was looking at you 2.5 inch lift for a 73 CJ5, what exatly does it come with? you don't really list it, am I reusing hardware from my current suspension?
also what is the difference between the kits between 55 - 76 and 86 to 83?

I would rather a 4 inch for my 73, but i haven't found one offered yet.

Thanks

I may take you up on the discount, just pricing stuff right now.

Last edited:

pinaplebob,

My kit for the 73 CJ includes front and rear leaf springs, ubolts and hardware, shocks, and spring bushings. You will retain your stock spring bolts.

The spring lengths are the major differences between the early and later model CJs.

thank you for your question,

Just a heads up that I've ordered from Dustin, and had a great experience. I got my parts quickly, as well as the Jeepz.com discount.

i just got my confirmation for an order from these guys for my cherokee. anxiously waiting!!!!!!:D:D

i got mine from their ebay store though.

Nevermind it would help it i actually played around on the website a little more

Last edited:
I am looking to lift my 78 CJ5 but torn between the 2" and the 4" lifts... it's mostly for driving short distances and I want to do my wheeling and trail riding, but i want to drive some distance too... what is your opinion.. and anyone else with input feel free..
Also what would the prices of the kits be with our JEEPZ discount ;)

I just got myself an 06 unlimited RUBICON, and im interested in the 4" X-series long arm kit.Is there anything you can tell me about this kit? I have owned many jeeps but this will be the first long arm kit for me.I have a new set of 35/12.50 baja claws that im gonna run I don't see why the site says 33"s recommended? Im sure the 35" will fit fine. Thanks

im about to order the 4" rc for yj kit
can i get a discount?

Ordered my Yj 4 inch kit Tuesday and it will be at home when I get off work today!! Got my 10% discount too!

I just got myself an 06 unlimited RUBICON, and im interested in the 4" X-series long arm kit.Is there anything you can tell me about this kit? I have owned many jeeps but this will be the first long arm kit for me.I have a new set of 35/12.50 baja claws that im gonna run I don't see why the site says 33"s recommended? Im sure the 35" will fit fine. Thanks

I would venture to say that if you ran 35" tires on stock wheels/offset with just a 4" lift it would probably rub some, but with either a 1" body lift or offset wheels I think it would fit fine. I would guess that the reason they say 33" as the recommended size is so they don't get complaints when someone tries to stuff 35's on stock wheels with no spacers using this kit and the tires rub. Just a guess...

Also, I recently bought a full set of X-Flex adjustable control arms (upper and lower) and an adjustable front track bar for my TJ and had a great experience, fast shipping and reliable. Good looking products, but I havent installed them yet so I can't really comment on performance...yet. :)

Ordered my 4" RC lift through Dustin he gave me the 10% discount, good guy lots of help, put it on in a weekend. have had the kit on for a good amount of time now, but i was never impressed with the springs or shocks(ride) of the kit. the springs in my opinion dont flex at all and my shocks do nothing. the springs have a bad coloration going on looking like rust already, thats crap. had to weld the front trac bar bracket to the axle to get it to stay on. hoping time would work the springs in but results stayed the same. now contemplating putting my stock spring on and doing a SOA. probably ditching the shocks too. i dont recommend the lift to anyone unless all you drive on are paved roads with ZERO cracks or bumps. not hating on Dustin... just disapointed in the product from ROUGH COUNTRY.

Last edited:
Back