Selecting a CB Radio

JPNinPA said:
expect the radio to pick up all transmitted noise. Using the jeep power and external mounted antenna improves the noise and distance. One thing you/all need to understand is a good antenna system properly tuned is needed no matter what radio. A $200 radio cans and will sound like crap if the antenna system is not tuned.

Im gonna have to check back in when its all installed to see if I set everything up correctly

It comes to a few basics. Power from the battery. When you install the antenna, grounds need to be large and low res, then test for continuity and lack of, last tune the SWR.

Here is a good site the three things I mentioned have links in this site. Don't hesitate to post up questions though.
www.firestik.com/Tech_Docs.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a piece of very clear information about CB radios, thanks a lot. But still, I would be great to know what is the most common customer choice. Or does it depend on the individual choice? I am currently looking for one. At the moment, I am based in France Population (2020) - Population Stat Please suggest me an online store that would deliver to my place. Thanks a lot for your help.

Last edited by a moderator:

CB is inexpensive, you don’t need a license and is sometimes required at off road parks.

HAM has more stations and could be powered to go further. Doing this to a CB will not help on a trail. Too much power too close splatters all over and you cant be understood.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Back