More Versatility. More Elbow Room. More Jeep!

JeepInfoCenter

Hi Guys...

Just wondering, have you guys met the Mudds yet? They are a fictional family of Jeep enthusiasts with a particular devotion to nature, outdoor sports, off-roading and the all new 2006 Jeep Commander. By visiting the Mudds, you can partake in various geo-caching searches with the family and enter yourself to win the 2006 Jeep Commander along with other various prizes.

While visiting the Mudds site, sign up to receive updates on the Jeep Commander and other Jeep Vehicles.

Have questions/comments??? Feel free to ask.

Thanks.

Keerit T.
Jeep Information Center Marketing Representative
1-800-925-JEEP (1-800-925-5337)
http://www.jeep.com
jeepforum@bbdodetroit.com

Well, if you take a "d" off their name, then, yes...most folks here have met the MUDS!!!!!!!! (cybernetically, at least). At we are not fictional and we are Jeep enthusiasts............but we own Wranglers and don't really care for the Commanders (unless, of course, someone wants to give us one!!!!)

Hey Keerit, any chance we could get the site sponsored by Jeep? Maybe some prizes for give-aways?

I dunno that thing's got computer controlled brakes and computer stability control and computerized 4 wheel drive. They're real dependable as long as you leave everything in the factory configuration, but if you start changing things up they tend to behave in unpleasant unexpected ways.

Then theres the Electric Roll Mitigation, because its a good idea for the vehicle to control steer, gas, and brake; pretty scary if you have to take an evasive manuver to avoid an accident, id rather risk a roll over than go head on with a semi.

Automatic windshield wipers are one of those things that I'll never fully understand either, nothing like your windshield wipers comming on at random and scratching your windshield if the rubber part of the blade has happened to fall off, plus you know that they won't come on at the speed you like so you'll have to adjust them anyhow.

If you really want to make things more convienant put the high beam switch back on the floor so you don't have to take your hands off the wheel to use it.

Its reasonably snappy looking though, they will be good mom mobiles/mall crawlers... At least until they've depreciated to a point that you can take a metal saw to them without feelin sick to your stomach.

I still don't understand the "trail rating" thing, they're all trail rated as a moniker but there is no actual quantitative rating. Seems like "trail tested" would have made more sense.

Haha when you go to the trail rating video section there's a disclaimer that the things in the video may negate your warranty. We assure you, they're ready to leave other vehilcle owners scratching their heads in awe as you manuver through trails and water crossings. Of course we fully stand behind that statement, unless you need any warranty work, at which time we'll revoke your "trail rating" status and send you packing.

Saurian Sez:

I kinda like it... Granted, I hate change, this being no exception, but at the same time, I have seen them out and about, sharp looking vehicles, and by model designation, the little cousin of my beloved XJ (which Chrysler should have NEVER NEVER NEVER done away with)... If I wasn't so freaking broke, it would be the next addition to the fleet, the first sister vehicle to Jeepy...

Thanks for the comments guys, we appreciate all feedback. All comments are duly noted.

I thought I might give you guys a little more detail on what a Jeep has to go through in order to become “Trail Rated.” For a Jeep to be “Trail Rated,” they must meet certain requirements. These include the following:

1. Must be a 4x4 (That one is kind of obvious)
2. Must have a multi-speed transfer case (ie. 4HI, 4LO, etc)
3. They must pass tests reflecting their abilities involving traction, articulation, ground clearance, maneuverability, and water fording.

That basically describes it. For a much more detailed explanation as how the Jeep vehicles are tested for their traction, articulation, ground clearance, maneuverability, and water fording abilities, I provided a link from the Jeep website.

Taking those requirements into account, not all Jeep 4x4 models are “Trail Rated.” The 4x4 Jeep vehicles that do not carry the “Trail Rated” badge are the Grand Cherokee 4x4 and Commander 4x4 with the 3.7L PowerTech V6 and Quadra-Trac I transfer case. The reason for this being is that the Quadra-Trac I transfer case is a single-speed transfer case. The 2006 Jeep Commander is available with the Quadra-Trac II transfer case when equipped with the 4.7L PowerTech V8. Although, the 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 now has the Quadra-Trac II transfer case available as an option with the 6 cylinder engine.

Any other questions? Let me know, I'll be around.

Best regards...

Keerit T.
Jeep Information Center Marketing Representative
1-800-925-JEEP (1-800-925-5337)
http://www.jeep.com
jeepforum@bbdodetroit.com

I just wanted to thank Keerit for coming to this forum with a passive approach. There are other car manufacturers that openly disassociate themselves with freelance sites based on their vehicles. In one instance they have taken to law suits against web site admins. To be in Accord with Civic-mindedness, I won't mention that particular manufacturer by name. Ridgeline. Is this info/add corny? Heck yeah, but it sure beats the alternative... and seriously Jeep does have a loyal fanbase, so it makes sense from a marketing standpoint.

Hopefully this leads to some of the design, warranty, or tech employees stopping by from time to time, which could be imensley benefitial.

Thanks for not being a jerk.

-X

PhattyX said:
I just wanted to thank Keerit for coming to this forum with a passive approach. There are other car manufacturers that openly disassociate themselves with freelance sites based on their vehicles. In one instance they have taken to law suits against web site admins. To be in Accord with Civic-mindedness, I won't mention that particular manufacturer by name. Ridgeline. Is this info/add corny? Heck yeah, but it sure beats the alternative... and seriously Jeep does have a loyal fanbase, so it makes sense from a marketing standpoint.

Hopefully this leads to some of the design, warranty, or tech employees stopping by from time to time, which could be imensley benefitial.

Thanks for not being a jerk.

-X

I am kinda with you on this...but if it looks like spam, smells like spam, and tastes like spam its probably spam. But, I will keep and open mind and welcome Keerit to the forum. How about some info on yourself. We are a very open community here. Where are you from, what do you drive, any mods?:mrgreen:

mud4feet said:
Well, if you take a "d" off their name, then, yes...most folks here have met the MUDS!!!!!!!! (cybernetically, at least). At we are not fictional and we are Jeep enthusiasts............but we own Wranglers and don't really care for the Commanders (unless, of course, someone wants to give us one!!!!)

Hey we all dont have just wranglers, some of us have Grand Cherokees, cherokees, and I guess libertys :roll: jk

judge09 said:
Hey we all dont have just wranglers, some of us have Grand Cherokees, cherokees, and I guess libertys :roll: jk

Sorry it came out the way it sounded.:redface: I was speaking personally of my family!!

Sincerely,
the muds :D
(mud and mudwoman)

Hey Cool...

Jeep has taken initiative here to reach out to the offroad enthusiasts and old school Jeepers.

The initial aggressive comments are merely human, and I doubt them to have meant to be personal. You gotta understand where we are coming from here - we love the rugged, capable side of the Jeep.

We're the folks who are the last to put the doors back on (ya know, somewhere around Christmas time). We're the folks who still (and always will) hate IFS and consider an IFS Jeep a comprimised Jeep. We're the folks who would bury a Jeep in the mud before a first payment is made, and expect the Jeep to love it.

That said, it is understood that Jeep has to compete for their market share. We, alone, do not a solid customer base make (in todays car market). For that, we forgive you for the Liberty, feminizing the Grand Cherokee with IFS, and building the Commander as a family Jeep (although I don't hate that one for what it is). Business is what it is and hopefully you all are staying competitive.

I would like to request on behalf of Jeepers everywhere a couple things:

1: Keep solid F&R axles on the Wrangler. IFS sucks for the offroad enthusiast, from working on it, to it's suceptibility to break under our demands. Sucks is being kind, it truly is our worst nightmare.

2: How 'bout a CRD (Common Rail Diesel) engine in the Wrangler? 18-21 MPG is a little rough these days and damn that torque and longevity would be SWEET!

3: The Gladiator. Build it and we will come. Oh, and don't screw it up with IFS for pete's sakes. It's a truck, build it like one.
image-missing.png

Again, I think it's great to see a Jeep representative here on Jeepz.

Oh, and by the way... building the Rubicon has restored respect from many of us ;)

Last edited:

Hello everyone,

Sorry it's been a while since this thread has seen any activity. Keerit's moved onto another project so I'll be your inside guy now. I want to thank all of you for the warm reception!

Mud4feet, I wish I had the ability to give away Commanders. I'd love for you to have some first hand experience with it. That and I'd be driving one.

I look forward to your posts,

John B.

JeepInfoCenter said:
Mud4feet, I wish I had the ability to give away Commanders. I'd love for you to have some first hand experience with it. That and I'd be driving one.

Well, if you can't give one away, how about letting some of us "borrow" one to test for you? Now, I know how some of the auto manufacturers test their vehicles, all on closed courses with predetermined speeds, angles, braking points, etc., but a Jeep, as you well know, is not your average automobile, and shouldn't be tested as such. Let some of us "real" Jeepers test them for you. By "real" Jeepers, I mean those of us who have owned and driven 4wd vehicles for years, who know what we expect from them as far as capability, handling, clearance, and ease of modification. Those of us who really test them every weekend, or in my case, almost every night on my way home from work, as I search for a different road that I haven't been on before to break up the monotony of that 45 minute drive from the city out to the sticks where I live. Get them off the test tracks and into our backyards and favorite playgrounds. I'd be willing to bet you would come out ahead with a much better, more favorable product in the end. And, aside from the yuppy generation that is crying for a "smoother ride" from their Jeeps, I'll guarantee that nothing will kill your loyal customer base faster than putting independent suspensions in your vehicles, especially in the Wrangler models.

Whaddaya say?

JeepInfoCenter said:
Taking those requirements into account, not all Jeep 4x4 models are “Trail Rated.” The 4x4 Jeep vehicles that do not carry the “Trail Rated” badge are the Grand Cherokee 4x4 and Commander 4x4 with the 3.7L PowerTech V6 and Quadra-Trac I transfer case. The reason for this being is that the Quadra-Trac I transfer case is a single-speed transfer case. The 2006 Jeep Commander is available with the Quadra-Trac II transfer case when equipped with the 4.7L PowerTech V8. Although, the 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 now has the Quadra-Trac II transfer case available as an option with the 6 cylinder engine.

Interesting

Is it purely marketing or is it that Jeep plans on developing more non-trail rated vehicles/configurations?

Maybe its just the name thing, since rated is defined as: "To place in a particular rank or grade", it seems that calling something "rated" when there is no actual rating or quantatative factor is a total misnomer. It should be "trail tested" or "trail proven" or something like that -or- Jeep should throw up some numbers.

And Twisted's statement is dead on, on every point. Give me a Gladiator worth buying and I'll buy it.

Alright John, im gonna be straight with ya. i really dont like the direction that jeep is going and i highly doubt im the only one, all the new Jeeps that are coming out are an emabressment to the jeep name. it seems that jeep is now targeting the "blingers" and exploiting all the true jeep finatics. The commander is perrty much an escalade with a jeep badge on it,and from waht ive seen on the new wrangler just proves my point, a non-removalble hardtop WTF

Back