59 willys pickup

jeepofino

Hello, I have been gone awhile, sold my cj-7, but am thinking of buying a 59 willys pickup. It's good to see a lot of the same ones around. I have been missing having a jeep and this pickup will need a lot of work. Body's in fair shape. The floors are rusted out pretty bad and I think it'll be an off frame fix...not too big a deal. Someones put a 250 chevy 6 in it and supposedly it'll crank and run. Needs a radiator right off the bat and tires to get it on a trailer. I can pick it up for $500 and trading the guy some hay for his horse. Lotta work I know but any thoughts?

Might check a couple of these sites.

WillysOnline.com - Willys Overland, Willys Knight, Willys Jeeps Trucks and Wagons

WillysTech

Willysamerica.com

Hope this helps. I cant wait to get started on mine....

i have a 51 willys hi-wagon with 5:38 gears in the differentials and the thing is just screaming to go 50 miles an hour! i think that the pickups might be the same gearing but i'm not sure. other than that, there is nothing more cool than a willys! good luck, john

Iam one of the member of Islamabad jeep club . I have a willys superhurricane pickup.
Illpost pics of my pickup.

Attachments

• DSC_1546.jpg
    DSC_1546.jpg
    603.1 KB · Views: 11,963
  • DSC_1557.jpg
    DSC_1557.jpg
    955.6 KB · Views: 7,129

Those pickup's are cool. I've always wanted one. I am building a CJ-3B right now and I used Kaiserwillys.com for my floor. my old floor was cancer ridden. It fit snug as a bug in a rug. I also got some parts from walcks.com too. They ship quick and parts fit good too.

That red Willys from Islamabad looks great.

Im looking for a door for my dads 51 pickup. Anyone happen to have an extra one your willing to part with please let us know.
Scott

Anyone who restores a willy, gets kudos from the Jeep community...
Go get it!
Good luck!

Nice one male dude ;)

Back