postal jeep

larry dagley

i have what i believe to be a 1970 kaiser postal jeep. problem is no title or vin#. does any one know a location for a confidential vin#. thanks larry.

I've heard that you can get new titles issued, but I thought this varied greatly depending on your state.

Do you know who originally owned the Jeep (the last person listed on the title)? It seems pretty easy for you to get a replacement title with their name on it:

Titles are important documents, but it's easy to misplace them. Fortunately, if this should happen to you, it's a breeze to replace your Arizona vehicle title.
Just go a Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) office, complete a title application, and check off the "Title Only" and "Duplicate" boxes on the top of the form. Be prepared to show a photo ID, such as your driver's license or state ID card.
The MVD will issue you a duplicate title for $4.

From http://www.dmv.org/az-arizona/replacing-a-lost-title.php

Depending where it was used first, it might not have a VIN, but it will have a build number. State Patrol will know where those numbers are. (I know where, but due to some people stealing rigs and trying to re-VIN them, I can't give out that info so those suckers won't know where to look to grind them off)

i need the vin to do a title search that might lead me to who has a title. i have owned a salvage yard and had a used car dealer license so am familar with how mvd works. thanks for any help on the vin location.

They are generally tatoo'd on the firewall and behind the steering box.

i have what i believe to be a 1970 kaiser postal jeep. problem is no title or vin#. does any one know a location for a confidential vin#. thanks larry.

Its either a AMGENERAL OR JEEP otherwise known as a dj5 ,the metaltag with vin # is on the outer firewall on left side, dont go by the yellow sticker on dash since that was a gov issue vin#wich dont match anything for private use ,

or you can apply for a new tittle due to age, but its not easy alot of red tape to go thru full vehicle inspection ect

or see if you can find a old cj5 tittle and just register it as a cj5 instead I had to do that on one of my wifes 2 dj5s

EDITED
its either a amgeneral or jeep otherwise known as a dj5 ,the metaltag with vin # is on the outer firewall on left side, dont go by the yellow sticker on dash since that was a gov issue vin#wich dont match anything for private use ,

or you can apply for a new tittle due to age, but its not easy alot of red tape to go thru full vehicle inspection ect

or see if you can find a old cj5 tittle and tag and just register it as a cj5 instead i had to do that on one of my wifes 2 dj5s..
:d

I have a '79 DJ5-G for sale for $300 with title in Seattle. It was going to be my diesel cruiser, but the wife hates it! See the ad (about to go up)

Back