New jeep owner

speed

Hi, I was left a old jeep by a buddy that died & am planning on finshing what he started on it but I need to know where I find the vin# on it so I can find out what year & model it is, I was told it is a WW2 army jeep but I'm not sure if that is right. the title was lost along time ago. any help with this matter would be very helpfull !! it dosent have the flat fenders like the very frist ones made but other wize it looks like them, but then most jeeps look alot alike to me :scratch:

Ya I know that but I have no way of getting it to the CHP office, I was hoping to get the vin# & take that to DMV so they could get the info I need & at the same time get any paper work I need to put it back on the road & into my name. I did find a tag that saids Willys & under that it saids serail# with two sets of no#s & the GVW for it under that, could this be what I need? thanks Gary

Last edited:

picts could help determine round about year if its not flat fender im almost sure its a early 60s and not a ww2 issue but most likly a replica
click this link it may help you answer some of your questions also its a good site
http://www.film.queensu.ca/CJ3B/CJ3BSiteMap.html

Last edited:
heres a chart

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    319.8 KB · Views: 147
Back