1978 Jeep J10 Longbed

slindsay8

Hi guys. This is my first post so i'll introduce myself. My name is Scott And I reside out in the lucious desert of Arizona. I am planning on picking up a Jeep j10 (Title) in the next week, And thought I might ask a few questions about the model, year and type of jeep.

My first question which will probably be the biggest topic out of all the questions is, whats the difficulty level is converting the long bed into a short bed? I performed engine swaps and have taking beds off of trucks, performed welds on frames, as for experience. But never a long bed to short bed coversion.

And is there any issues these trucks all seem to have? As in drivetrain, wiring, common rust locations, common cracked welds locations, ect. Stuff in that nature.

One more quick question to end. Is there a popular spot some of you might know of where I can buy new or used jeep j10 parts (First priority is the Windwhield)? Either online or close to my area? I didnt have very much luck finding anything online other than, ZMJeeps.com.

Thanks guys.

-Scott

Also I have some info on the sale. The guy selling it is the second owner since 1992. Its lived in the city up until about 5 years ago. Now he lives up north and its been sitting for a year. Motor runs but needs to be rebuilt 130k . Windshield is cracked, and it needs new tires. Lower corner on the passangerside door theres a rust hole the size of a fist. No other rust other than some surface rust here and there (that I noticed). 4wd is working. Interior is good. And the exterior body is pretty damn straight, not many dings. Original Paint. Has a 3 or 4 inch lift, He couldn't remember (he's elderly). Looked like a 3" to me, but I could be wrong.

He's selling it for $1500. It's been up for sale for 3 months. I was going to offer him $900 when I drive the trailer up there. Any ideas or advice? We havent talked price yet.

All help would be apprecitive.

Thanks

-Scott

I dont know alot about the J-trucks but $1500 seems reasonable, I paid $1000 for my XJ with 130k miles on it, so for a J10 that seems like a good price. If it's not in absolutely horrible shape lol

It's pretty well maintained. Few things here and there. But nothing that cant be easly fixed and repaired.

Thanks for the response!

Back