non jeep truck tire question

gardengirl38

I am inheriting a 1978 Ford F150. i have to buy ties for it. It has some newish rims on it and the current tire size is 35/12.5r15 I have done some looking and came across a set of tires on some nice custom made rims that would look hot on the truck and they have almost new Wranglers on them the size is 225/75R15 off a ford F250 is that something that could work? They are a steal so I am hoping someone here knows about this sort of thing. I have limited internet access right now so web searching is not very fruitful. thanks in advance!!

1) check the Lug Pattern. From what I remember of my 77 and 79 Fords, I don't think the wheel from a F-250 will work.

2) Goodyear Wranglers?
I'd so.... No, they Suck. Worst Tire I Ever Owned.

Good Luck Though, That's a nice truck to inherit

Its more for the rims than the tires they are very nice. tires for the rims on there now are 200 a piece or more and the rims and tires are 275. So if the lug pattern is the same I can use them? I will have to look... thanks for your reply.

depending on what year f-250 they cam off of, the rims would be either 8x6.5 or 8x170mm

your f-150 axles should be 5x5.6

i dont think the rims will work...

Thanks you are right, I did measure and they are 5x5.5 15 inch rims are on there now. I have one last question. I have to get some kind of tires on here that I can drive on for the time being. The size that is on there now is 35/12.5r15 DO I have to go with this tire size or can I do another tire size similar that is a truck tire? I am having a really hard time finding anything affordable in that size.

Thanks...well I bought some tires for it.... new ordered them from the discount tire direct and no one wants to put them on for me~~~!!! Grrrr. They are not that big!

What size did you get some shops are afraid to mount anything over a 33 , Do you have any local truck shops they will mount just about anything

Back