76 Jeep J10 AMC 360 Need help

Ok I know its been awhile since I posted. We finally figured some stuff out about the truck.

Aparently the truck originally had the 6 cylinder in it. And when the guy put the V8 in he didn't put the correct radiator in with it. So my husband got a radiator for a V8 and put it in. But had to do some mods. Now he is having an issue with the fan hitting the radiator. Can anyone offer some suggestions?

Ok I know its been awhile since I posted. We finally figured some stuff out about the truck.

Aparently the truck originally had the 6 cylinder in it. And when the guy put the V8 in he didn't put the correct radiator in with it. So my husband got a radiator for a V8 and put it in. But had to do some mods. Now he is having an issue with the fan hitting the radiator. Can anyone offer some suggestions?
My CJ has a thin aftermarket fan thats way thinner than the stock ones. I don't know how much more room you need but it might help. I think they spread out a bit when you rev it, so if you use one and it's close keep an eye on it. It also has a mounting spacer that comes with it that could be milled or cut down to give more room. I'm guessin' you've looked at mounting the radiator deeper into the radiator support?
I've got an old 47 plymouth coupe parts car that someone years ago put a poly v-8 in. They had the same problem, they mounted the radiator on the outside of the core support. The car has a pretty big grill, it's not even noticable. Don't know if it'd work on the Jeep truck but might be worth looking at.

Back