vibratig doors on a 1979 j10

tj-angler

hi i own a 1979 j10. i got it for free and when i got it i took it for a drive and i noticed that even know i slammed the door as hard as i could the door would still vibrate and i have no idea what i should do if i should get new weather stripping or what . help me its a new project.

edited by: tj-angler, Mar 12, 2003 - 10:10 AM[addsig]

I really don't know what to say i've never have a prob like this but is it the drivers side the pass does it have any sort or cracks or dents that could contribeut to the prob i also have a J10 (80) i like to keep in touch so heres my E mail and hope you mail me sorry if i'm not much help Fulsizjeepboy15@aol.com :evil: [addsig]

is it your door that vibrates or is it the window. On my 76 cherokee its the windows that vibrate. but if it is the door you might try moving the striker on the door piller out so it will meet the door better. hope that helps. [addsig]

My 77 J-10 the windows rattle in there slots, and my "79 Cherokee the back window rattles. both need new weather striping.you might be able to get universal striping from J C Whitney.....Good Luck.[addsig]

Back