Electrical problems?

willywagon49

please help. i have an 03 grand cherokee with a 4.7. it has no electrical power. no lights, no chimes, no nothing. it won't start or turn over, as if there was no battery in it. i have replaced the battery with a new one and no change. i have been having a problem with the tumblers not allowing the key to turn, but a couple taps with a hammer on the bottom side shifts the tumblers and the key will turn to start. although the last attempt to start, the jeep turned over, but not enough to start, and now it has no electrical power at all. it will not start in neutral either (i had a similar problem in an xj and ended up being the neutral switch). all connections seem to be good and the battery is new. has the ignition switch finally gone out and created this new problem? please help.

The next inline with the battery power feed is the power distribution box( Fuse box) under the hood. There are several main fuses there that supports the power to the ignition start and key on run position. Check all the fuses there and if possible, use a test lamp to verify that there is voltage going into that box and its individual circuits. Report back what you find.

Check Your headlight. Dim headlights or brake lights can be an indication ofcharging malfunction, resistance in the electrical system, loose wires or a severely discharged battery. it is recommended to check your vehicle's alternator belt. Dim lights also indicate low system voltage.

Back