4WD issues

rj1024

ok, so i just got my 99 grand cherokee laredo on the road back in Nov. I purchased it back in april with 222K on the body, engine was shot so purchased a engine with 107K on it. Hubby is a certified mechanic, so he dropped the new engine in. There are some minor issues...bulbs, blendor has to be fixed so it can push out heat instead of thru the vents, ect.... Just learned about the Infamous jeep "death wobble" My jeep HATES uneven roads. Although we need new tie rod ends and shes gonna need a front end alingment, the trak bar looks good. Here in pa, its been a rather mild winter...just 2 days ago we got a good snowfall and temps dropped into the single digits. since we got the jeep up and running, we never really tested her in the snow. Now granted we put 4 used tires on it. but the tread is good. 3 of them at 80-75% and one at like 65%. We had got stuck on a slight upgrade the other day. the hubby slapped it into 4 low and it didnt change a thing. Im not sure if the ABS is even working. there is no ABS light coming on. Checked the transfer case and it has fluid, not sure if its a clutch pack or the transfer case is just complete shot??? I did some research and the only thing that would make sense to me is that since the back wheels were spinning on and off, the front hub isnt engaging...almost like a vaccum leak somewhere. any ideas???????:???:

Is it full time 4wd or part-time? I don't believe that model has the vacuum disconnect front axle, so that's probably out as a cause.

Find some dry pavement, throw it in 4lo, and take a tight turn. It should buck pretty good if 4wd is working.

Back