Comanche Lift?

TwistedCU

DOes the Jeep Comanche pickup take the same lift as an XJ? what is the letter designation of this model?
My friend has one and is interested in making it more trail worthy. Any suggestions???

New Forum--- wut do you think?

if im not mistaken..that is the jeep pickup...im pretty sure someone makes a lift ive seen one w/ 4 in lift i think its skyjacker not positive but pretty sure they make a lift for this jeep

I'm under the impression that the Commanches have the same style suspension components as the Cherokees, thus I would think the lift kits would be either the same or very similar.

-Nick :!:

A late update. The Commanche (MJ) suspension is very close to the Cherokee (XJ) suspension, but the kits are sold independantly from the XJ kits. The MJ versions are a little cheaper from what I've seen, but I'm not sure why.

the kits for XJ's are cheaper because of the rear. MJ's are under sprung so when you buy a lift kit all it needs for the back is SOA and it includes longer break lines and longer u-bolts.

Justin

Ya. MJ is it's designation.

XJ rear axle is SOA, while the MJ is SUA. Everything else is pretty much interchangable. Hopefully the deal on the MJ I'm looking at for $150 comes through.

Me? Two, the wife rolled our XJ a year ago this past Christmas Eve in a blizzard, totaled it.

Trailmaster makes a 4" lift for comanche trucks. The letter designation for the truck is MJ. The truck will handle great with the lift. Mine didn't require any driveshaft mods with the four inch. Also, an adjustable track bar up front is a must for a lifted comanche. Something with the lift throws the front end off, and without the adjustable track bar, you will have clearance issues with the control arms. With the four inch lift, you can fit with no trimming a 32 x 11.50 tire. Try to find something synthetic and light as the added weight will kill your pickup. When the truck gets the larger tires the steering may loosen up. Check the steering gear box if this happens. If you have anymore questions, let me know.

now i have heard not to buy anything that says comanche and cherokee in the same writing just because it wont lift right in the rear but i was wondering if this lift will fit my comanche and if the website is reliable enough to use it . the weibsite the lift is on partsbit i see people have the lift on there comanches but not sure how much modifying if any is needed

Back