Comanche??? NE1?

ah_too_bad

I know someone here is willing to part with their vintage jeep truck.. I am in dire need for one. I want one as my next project. I can't even find a good one on ebay... so hook it up. I'm willing to pay pretty gernerously for a stock or slightly modified Comanche. But, it has to have a V6.. come one people... let me know. I'm selling my YJ so that I can get one.

Don't know if they ever came with a v6, it was the 2.8L if it did and trust me you don't want one.

If you're going to wheel it, the 2.5L won't be bad as it's got lower axle gearing and lighter weight. It's how I'd build a MJ trail rig. Otherwise it's the 4.0L but avoid the Peugeot BA10/5 transmission available until mid-year '89.

Hey I have an 86 Comanche. We just rebuilt the engine. It's a 2.5L bored 30 over so it's technically like a 2.8L. It only has around 20k miles on it. I just put a new master cyl, clutch, gear box, power steering pump and various other little things. Little by little it's all pretty new. Finally the transmission just went on it, and I'm sick of messing with it. So if you want it, make me an offer.

RE: 96 or older passenger side XJ door or window glass

The Comanche never came with a V6. You are stuck with a 4.0L inline six. It's a good power plant with a few mods you can pick up another forty to fifty horse. Mine handles extremely well off road. I am looking to finish mine or sell it. I am willing to sell for the right price.

I did see one with a chevy V6 one time. I was told it was stock.

Personally I LOVE those trucks. I had one at one time with a 4.0, that thing moved nice.

I'd love to have another one, mine went to the grave due to rust

I have a question for you jeep comanche now it alls. I am not sure if you can help me as most of you don't even know or believe that they came in a V6 208l chevy engine. I am not sure but I think references this in the chiltons on almost every section. Anyway I am have a hard time getting the distibutor off the comanche. I remove the bolt and bracket and it should just slide out. But quess what it doesn't. Any suggestions?

Turn the crank pulley slightly by hand, it may free up the cam/distributor gear.

RE: CJ lock cylinder

I will part with my 87 comanche for the right price. Looking to buy a CJ7 or maybe a YJ. Possible trade for your YJ if it is decent. Let me know! The truck is everything that you are looking for. Slightly modified(4 in lift) with a six. Truck moves well. Handles great off road!

RE: Friend

yep they did come with a v-6. i drove one before.but didnt buy it i gt the 4 cylinder one,2wd version, better gas mileage.i was driving a 84 blazer with the 6.2 diesel before that.

Turd point hate was useless. I have a nice '87/88 that I lifted 6" converted to auto 4x4 and put 33/9.50/15s on. Sadly I have to sell it since I've been out of work for a year now and can't collect UI because I broke my shoulder.

Attachments

• new jeep 065.jpg
    new jeep 065.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 244
Back