Herculine your floorboards

This is a great concept, just threw down Herculiner today.

However, i don't know if it was just my can, but the second half of the can was worthless because it got all chunky and thick! balled up and all....

but other than that, it's great!! put it on the entire tub of my YJ

Do it to the entire cab floor including tire wells. Not only does it make everything easier to maintain, but it deafens road and engine noise. Just finished doing it to my Yj. Good decision.

There is a product called SMT300 Made by SMART. It is a Wax, Silicone and Grease remover that will make the surface ready for any painting. It also takes stickum off when you peel a sticker. (In record time) I give this stuff 5 Stars.

Jut bought a gallon on eBay today for 80 bucks I'm planning on doing my tub and flares il let you know how the flares come out

i am glad to see those posts, because i was thinking of doing that to my cj7 after i pit new floor pans in first hit them with por 15 top and bottom and theninstall them and then use herculiner. i am happy to see photos of how they turned out. looks great

I know this is old, but I'd recommend Monstaliner. UV protected and they have like 30 different colors to choose from. Top notch installation instructions and very easy to use. If you're looking for the long term, I'd recommend them!

Pics of my install:

IMG_0539.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this is old, but I'd recommend Monstaliner. UV protected and they have like 30 different colors to choose from. Top notch installation instructions and very easy to use. If you're looking for the long term, I'd recommend them!

Pics of my install:

View attachment 14144

how much did you use to do the entire floor and sides? and how much was it? where is it available? thanks.. wayne

This is a great concept, just threw down Herculiner today.

However, i don't know if it was just my can, but the second half of the can was worthless because it got all chunky and thick! balled up and all....

but other than that, it's great!! put it on the entire tub of my YJ

Yeah, you have to stir it up often when using it or it will collect at the bottom. I stired the can about every 2-3 minutes to keep it mixed good when I did mine. I did the tub inside and underside, and the frame. first can got clumpy, I stired the rest of the cans as I used them and it went on better.

Re: Step 4 - roll on the Herculiner

I had my floorboards that had bad rust also. My buddies and I sanded it down, a little bondo, and applied Herculiner too. Works great!
used 2 coats and did the firewall and inside where the fenders are. Did the rollbar and underside of hood.

Just finished Herculining my 95 YJ a few weeks ago. Looks great. Cold winter in northern IN in an unheated garage made it difficult but well worth it. Just wished I would have waited till I was done painting exterior so I wouldn't have to mask it up later. Got a gallon kit at autozone foe 80 but they had a 20 dollar mail in rebate. The trick is stirring it about every ten minutes or so to keep it from clumping up in the can. And good ventilation!

Attachments

• image-2053899941.jpg
    image-2053899941.jpg
    501.5 KB · Views: 363
  • image-1751805410.jpg
    image-1751805410.jpg
    508 KB · Views: 371

how durable is the liner? we tried the do it yourself spray in bed liner and it started peeling after about a week
If it peels, That is probably the area wasn't cleaned enough before install. It will not stick to a dirty area, use a solvent

If it peels, That is probably the area wasn't cleaned enough before install. It will not stick to a dirty area, use a solvent

I have a small issue, the person who owned my jeep before me lined the floor already. Now I am seeing spots here and there starting to peel. Should I strip it down and start over. Or a good scrub and then a couple new coats will be enough.

I have just joined the forum as I am going to buy a Jeep for myself. I have never had it but tried to drive it a few times. And finally, I made up my mind to purchase it. I am from Oregon, 503 area code. But before doing it, I want to learn about the experience of others. It is important for me to know what problems to expect and how easy they are to solve. So reading attentively every thread now.

I have just joined the forum as I am going to buy a Jeep for myself. I have never had it but tried to drive it a few times. And finally, I made up my mind to purchase it. I am from Oregon, 503 area code. But before doing it, I want to learn about the experience of others. It is important for me to know what problems to expect and how easy they are to solve. So reading attentively every thread now.

It's been a month, have you tried to get your new ride? It is necessary to conduct a couple of research when buying cars or honestly anything.

Sorry where this was posted i didn’t see it.
Every wrangler model has its share of common issues. Some good from this, is the issues are well known and solved over and over.

All tj and newer suffer from death wobble over time. Its fixable.
HVAC controls are issues.
No aftermarket mod will improve torq and h.p. Bigger cylinder more stroke or more cylinders.
Lifting over 2.5 in becomes increasingly expensive.

They are tons of fun and many mods available.

Look at the underside. Rusted frame or underbody.
Drive it and be sure it doesn’t overheat or throw a code.
Take it up to 65 mph
Any low speed shakes or vibrations? Any higher speed? Specifically 65. mph
Check for drips. Water in the oil or oil in water.
All mods are not good or done properly.

Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them up - Jesse Jackson

Last edited:
Back