Looking for places to camp with our Jeeps

Rebecca Kay

We live in Roseville, CA (northern CA). Looking for places to take the jeeps and the dog camping with some 4 wheeling reasonably close by. Any thoughts/ideas any one?

We are both new to owning Jeeps and bought 2 within a months time. 2007 Rubicon and a 2013 Grand Cherokee Laredo Trail Hawk.

As you can imagine we are angus to go out and play :)

Attachments

• image-1118834636.jpg
    image-1118834636.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 187
I live in Chico, me and my son go up above Paradise, it's called "Philbrook or "High Lakes" camping, 4x4, water, lake, hiking, there's a facebook page called High Lakes.....just follow Skyway from Chico to Paradise all the way up.....

There's also Powellton Road in Paradise that goes every which way imagineable around the mountain and you can even come out on Hwy. 32 going up Forest Ranch

We used to go up to forresthill. Take the Cool hill turnoff. At the bottom stay left instead of turning right towards the town of Cool. Follow for awhile... you're looking for Finneymill Rd. Take that road. It used to go back in where we could camp and trail ride. It's close and fun, provided it's still open. Good luck. However, if you proceed to Cool, you can head for Georgetown, if I remember correctly, there's an entrance to the Rubicon. Seems like we went through an area called called" Uncle Tom's Cabin" . You don't have to dthe entire Rubicon trail. We used to go up to Spider lake, spend the night, then head back down the mountain. Alright, we broke a leaf spring and had to turn back. But, it's all good, better, and best!!

Back