dash code 12 on 94 zj..what does it mean?

randomjeeper

my jeep (94 zj) won't start :cry: , so i ran the dash codes and i get 12 and 55. i know 55 is end of codes. i had the list of codes bookmarked, but it was an old link and it isn't valid anymore. i did a search but i haven't found it yet. i was just wondering if anyone could post the list of codes? thanks for the help :)

okay figured it out, 12 = battery disconnected. though if anyone does have the whole list of codes, it would be helpful for future reference :D

in the future i'm pretty sure you could just stop in at an auto zone or give them a call. they run the diagnostics for free, so i'm sure they'd have no problem just telling you what the number means.

bchcky said:
stop in at an auto zone or give them a call. they run the diagnostics for free,

Autozone does scan codes for free, however, to my knowledge they will only scan OBD-II compliant systems (1995-present). OBD-I type systems (pre 1995) are basically proprietary and so autozone may not have the correct scanners/adapters for your particular vehicle. :(

-Nick :!:

OEM yj 87-95 wrangler fender flares

obd 2 will read most codes on domestic obd1 vehicles

While you are at Autozone do yourself a favor and pick up a haynes manual. They have all the troublecodes along with a few ideas on where to go looking if a particular code pops up. Even if your a good mechanic the specific details such as torque specs, wiring diagrams, and trouble codes are not always the same from car to car. I always have bought one for every vehicle I have ever owned and I beleive well worth the $15.

i actually own a haynes manual :oops: , but after a hectic day i just figured i could find it faster online ... it also didn't occur to me that it would be in there until i read a couple of posts. thanks guys :D
-i ended up taking it to autozone (after it got jumped :lol: ).

bchcky said:
in the future i'm pretty sure you could just stop in at an auto zone or give them a call. they run the diagnostics for free, so i'm sure they'd have no problem just telling you what the number means.

Bro, If the grand won't start how would you expect to get it to autozone?? hhhmmmm Just rasin ya!

Glad to hear ya back on the road, when are you commin to paragon again??

axles for 82 cj7

i would love to go to paragon again, but being a poor college student about to graduate, life's been crazy!! i've been busy with so many things since january, that i haven't had a chance to relax. i don't see things winding down anytime soon, so who knows.... :?

jps4jeep said:
bchcky said:

Bro, If the grand won't start how would you expect to get it to autozone?? hhhmmmm Just rasin ya!

Glad to hear ya back on the road, when are you commin to paragon again??
ha, i missed that part, but i actually meant that he could have given auto zone a call since he already knew the codes.

randomjeeper said:
you mean she :wink:
:oops: sorry about that random! but you must admit, your name doesnt give too much help in guessing your gender, so i guess i'm still just the asshole that assumed you were a guy since i had no reason to think otherwise. hehe.

Back