'03 Jeep Rubicon

NEALSTER

I went to my local Arizona Jeep dealer today, and there it was.........

only to catch my eye like a 2 dollar hooker....the new Jeep Rubicon!!!!!

One of the first to Mesa AZ, so the dealer said. Get this...

All of the "Rubicon's" features came to grand total of...(drumroll) $29,847.00!!!

Get the f*ck out!!! For that price I could build one from scratch!!!

Sorry, here I go venting again.

Features;

---LOCKING DIFFS

---T-CASE WITH 4:1 LOW RANGE RATIO

---31'' GOODYEAR RUBBERS

---DANA 44'S FRONT AND REAR W/4.11:1 AXLE RATIO

---SKID PLATES

---FACTORY 2.5'' LIFT

Maybe it's just me, but when it's all said and done you'll have over 30 grand tied

up in this thing!!!! Let me know what you think please!! Tell me i'm not crazy!!

image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

your not crazy because its aDC jeep and it will break and not last like if you were to built one. I have a 01 TJ and I was going to buy a rubicion but then I was like its still will not be as fun and be as good if I build one. So I am building my TJ to be 100times better then the stock rubicon. 95% of the people don't care about the price because when you built a Jeep its because you want to but for money.
image-missing.png
[addsig]

I don't think the price is that bad. New stuff is never cheap. Were talking about two D44's with electronic lockers and a transcase with 4to1 ratio. I've read two articles now about the performance of this jeep in moab and the rubicon, and the only problem was clearence, and that was only at the rubicon.

Yeah, you could build something better, but would it come with a manufacture warrenty? Granted I can't afford 30K and would have liked to see it for closer to 25K.[addsig]

Well, here on the east coast, the starting price for the rubicon is $24,990. Not sure if that is a soft top only package or not. But even at 25k, it's a lot. I'm just gonna wait 2 or 3 years, then trade in my 89 YJ for a 2003 Rubicon. Hopefully by then I can get one for about $15k. Or even better still, maybe they will bring back a 2005 version of the Scrambler!!! that would be sweet. They could make it the same as the TJ only longer. Who's with me?!

image-missing.png
[addsig]

Or get rid of the TJ styling altogether and bring back the CJ....that would be sweet. -Mike
image-missing.png
[addsig]

$29,847 is expensive for a rubicon. Unless it's an Auto and has an aftermarket lift.

there is still no such thing a Jeep with "factory lift".

It has lots of problems and lots of flaws, basically if you think about it, if you were to purchase a sport close to invoice, and buy the cheapest parts to get what the rubicon has (which is what DC did), you'll have the same thing for about $1k less.

The Rubicon was meant for people who want to offroad, but don't want to build their own Jeep. If you're the type to build your own Jeep.. you'll soon replace everything that's special on that rig with something better
image-missing.png

Also someone mentioned electronic lockers, they're air lockers like ARBs.[addsig]

Back