jeep cherokee 1990 limited (gold wheels)

poooorboy

I want to paint my gold rims but there alloy and how do i go about this? Can you sand blast alloy wheels? any help ? thanks
image-missing.png
[addsig]

heh, did you get my private message? i've been considering painting mine as well. i'm prolly just gonna buy some good quality krylon and clean them up real good with steel wool and scotch brite. then i'll just paint them flat black or satin black. most likely satin.[addsig]

Dingus my cherokee is 1990 limited ,Dont you have the same year ? On the rims you are rite the gold is a little to much for me ! Black would be fine ,glossy or even dull black. So how long have you had youre cherokee? well i will talk later.[addsig]

i hope that when i paint these rims that they dont just peel!? well i wont no until i try it..[addsig]

i was at a civic/CRX meet last summer (my old car) and i met a guy who painted his rims black. he had done it a few weeks earlier and they looked really good. i'd imagine that they would stay looking good as long as you do the correct prep work and use quality paint. if you have a connection, i'd get them powdercoated.[addsig]

hey guys, i got the 90' also, i painted them and it worked fine. Buys some spray paint primer and use that first, then spray paint the color you want. I painted mine silver and the look sweet. You can sandblast them, my friend did his. The become a dark gray, it looks pretty sweet also.[addsig]

Back