2001 Cherokee Wanting to fit 33s

White

how much lift does he need?
Please reply To the point. Iam posting this for a friend that just wants facts.
Reply if you installed this setup, or helped.
Not looking for any " Well I think it would work" Or " I would do this" ..

List whats Needed Thankyou !

not trying to sound rude, But you know how quick it turns into a opinion war.

Thankyou you again !

you can get up to 8" of lift with a long arm kit from skyjacker, thats is enough for 35's so it is my assumption that the 4" kit with additional spacers and a AAl in the rear or a 6" kit would be the best route. You will also probably have to run 33X10.5 to avoid any rubbing, unless you have some real crazy offset rims!

http://www.skyjacker.com/products-search-list.asp

Check it out! $$$$ but probably one of the best engineered systems!

Argh. Ignore my last post. I thought you were talking about a WJ.

As for XJ's I would run a 6 inch lift to fit 33's. I personally ran 4.5" of lift with bushwhacker flares that were cut out. PLENTY of flex for me.

Mine was a 1995 XJ, so I don't know about the 2001's. I am getting a 2001 in a few days, so we will see if there is much difference.

You'll need a 6" lift to clear 33" on an XJ. The more fender cutting the less lift needed ;)

Hence my 4" lift with all the weight reduction in my Jeep that raised it another .5".

Ran 33's with full articulation and ran 35's no problem, but limited articulation.

Stock wheelwells - a solid 6" for 33's.

take a look at my sig pic - that's 4" and 31's - obviously another 2" would be needed for 33's.

Or cutouts.

I wouldn't really go over 33" on a daily driver cherokee. Its more of a PITA. Stick with 3" and 31's.

tow hook bolts

I am THINKING about saving up for an SYE with super35 rear axle with posi and 4.56's front and rear with 35's and cut outs.
I'm gonna try for the 5" lift by adding a 2" BB to the 3" system I am getting this year. If I go the big route, I will let you know what is happening.

This is my old 95 with 33's and 4.5" with cutouts. This is full flex with all swaybars still connected. 33x12.50R15 Cooper S/T with 15x10 AR767 rims (unknown backspacing).
http://www.rit.edu/~msb6082/jeep.html

You will need 6" of lift to run 33's. The kit I have been using the most for this is the Tomken 6". It is very complete and competatively priced. You will also need to install a SYE. I know some manufactures are saying that you can just run the t/c drop but you will be changing ujoints once a week. Heres a shot of one with the Tomken kit and 33" Thornbirds

image-missing.png

Here's one with the Tomken 8" long arm with cut out flares and 37" claws, believe it or not no rubbing at full stuff.

image-missing.png

AAACCKKKKK, did you say 'Super 35'? Don't polish that turd, put half that money into buying a stronger axle. I just picked up a D44 w/discs, and 8.8's are going for $300 to $350 around here.

D35 is not totally a turd, mine has held up surprisingly well with 33" TSL's and a Lincoln Locker.

Ecor, nice work, 'cept for the StuckBirds ;)

I tried to talk him out of them but he insisted. I also told him that the first time I had to pull him out that I would carge him $5. He paid up the first time we went offroading. He is trying to sell them now :lol:

Live and learn ;)

I just put a SYE in my buddies XJ, he installed a Rusty's 6" kit and 35" TrXus STS tires.
image-missing.png

I've read that those STS are some of the best snow tires money can buy. I'd be interested to see how he likes them, and how they do offroad.

YJ Hardtop

I was never impressed by them from pics I've seen, but have thoroughly changed my opinion after seeing them in person. Much better in person.

cherokee looks good. I s he going to put on cut outs or trim the fender back so he doesn't hit when flexing?

Back