went playing today got some pics pics are big!!!!

AKASHAJEEP

image-missing.png

and i stand 6'0. the pics jsut dont do a whole lot of justice for where i was at.
image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

you should crop that top one, shrink it, and use it in your sig. Sweet pics. Nice area. Where is that again?

you should crop that top one, shrink it, and use it in your sig. Sweet pics. Nice area. Where is that again?

::::::::Uhhhh, I don't know why that posted twice...sorry. :?:

Oh well, nice pics again.

and if you guys only knew how hairy that one was to get!! the sand was wet and I didnt let any of the air out of the tires!! not to mention all of the rocks trying to put me on my side!! LOL

AKASHAJEEP said:
not to mention all of the rocks trying to put me on my side!! LOL

Disconnecting the swaybar will make a big difference next time, you've got the clearance for it :wink:

Nice pics

Got some questions about 4wheeling y'all

this is my 1st jeep so be patient

I read y'all talking about letting air out of the tires (makes sense so as not to strain them as you're climbing hard rocks and what not) but what was that about disconnecting the swaybar?

The swaybar limits the jeep's front end from dipping down or rising up while turning, making for a much more stable drive on the road. When off-roading, it severely limits wheel travel (and traction in many cases), or how far the wheel can move downward or upward when going over obstacles. If you've ever seen pix of folks showing off their "flex", you'll see what a difference disconnecting the swaybar can do for you offroad. In addition to wheel travel, disconnecting the swaybar allows the jeep to remain more parallel to the ground on eneven ground.

You can buy a set of "quick disconnects", make your own, or simply unbolt the links and tie back the swaybar. You'll want it back when on the road, especially on the highway, because a sudden sharp turn could get hairy without it.

In this pic, the disconnects are the black bars (you can only see one) to the left in front of the coil spring. Note the pull pins:
REATBOMEstabilizerJPG-2.jpg

This is a very lame poser shot of my XJ with the swaybar disconnected, but it is a good example of what I'm talking about. I had just put them on and wanted to check out the wheel travel, so I disconnected them and pulled up this bank. Notice how the Jeep is sitting straight and the wheel is drooped low. The drivers side wheel is stuffed in the wheelwell.
flx2-1.jpg

With the swaybar in place, my jeep would have been sitting at an angle and there is a good chance the rear wheel would be raising up off the ground.

If you are interested in making your own, ask Mingez how he did his. He'll probably be able to explain it better if I didn't make any sense.

There's some good info on this subject here on Jeepz in previous threads. I would do a search on swaybar disconnects on this site, it has been discussed alot and you may better answer your questions and maybe get a few ideas.

hope this helps.
TC

Good example of where it would come in handy is the 3rd pic down in the original post on this thread. With the swaybar disco'd, his jeep would be sitting level and his rear tire would be making better contact with the ground.

what kind of jeep is it you have kcash, i made my disconnects, although i dont run any connections except my steerings and u bolts. something about me being lazy i think? im used to it tho and wouldnt recomend doing it on your daily driver. making sway bar disconnects is a breeze and isnt very expensive if you want to do it yourself. i can show you how or mingez can too

Back