any performance parts out for brakes?

AKASHAJEEP

after my last ordeal with my rotors I am going to start saving up for some high performance rotors and calipers.
just wondering if anyone knew where or if there are any parts out like this?
I am also thinking about doing a rear drum-disc conversion if there is such a thing for the cherokees/

links would be greatly apprecaited!!!!

I have a question... why??? the stock brakes are more than adequate. rear disc conversion might be the only upgrade i'd even recommend. And that's not necessary unless you go real big

Tonight! FOOTBALL.

graewulf said:
I have a question... why??? the stock brakes are more than adequate. rear disc conversion might be the only upgrade i'd even recommend. And that's not necessary unless you go real big

the stock brakes suck big ballz!! you guys must have forgotten that I come form a racing background and expect way more out of the performance of the vehicle than the "average joe".

one of the biggest factors in my decision in wanting better braking capabilties is the stopping distances.

I havent actually contacted anyone like bear or hardwood yet for info about them making at least double piston calipers, cross drilled and venter rotors, and of course a conversion kit for the rears. I thought that maybe someone else in here would possibly know the answer and know exactly where to send me.

would anyone know if the stock disc's from a grand cherokee would fit on the cherokee? I know they have some that are with rear disc brakes. I could grab the master cylinder as well.

Answer to Inspector Gadgets questions

www.madxj.com has a technical writeup on converting to grand cherokee disc rears to a regular cherokee. It can be done. Its going to take some work though. This website has a great tech section very detailed. When I owned a cherokee it was quite useful

http://www.stainlesssteelbrakes.com/

A rear disc conversion would serve two purposes. Better braking and it keeps the tire where it belongs if you break a C-clip. A Junkyard Ford 8.8" rear axle that already has the discs might be cheaper.
I wouldn't worry about upgrading calipers. Some slotted rotors and quality pads can do wonders.

Back