fender flares

IcyFridge

Hey y'all. My Jeep is not lifted yet and I am running 235's.

Its a 2001 XJ. So far, everytime I hit a big bump, the wheels will hit the bottom of the rear fender flares. My drivers side flare is tough as rocks and will not budge. HOWEVER, my passenger rear flare almost ALWAYS pops off. Its a PITA to take the bolts off to remount the flares on the metal mounts and then screw everything back in. And then the flares are not even with the body any more.

Any people know of a way to make the factory flares almost IMPOSSIBLE to knock off? Or any aftermarket flares that do NOT involve cutting or drilling.
I like the flares on the cherokee from Four Real Steel. I don't know the type or where I can get 'em...

Okay. The next time the flares pop out. Here's what I am gonna do...
I am gonna put some silicone sealant to bond the plastic flare to the metal mounting tabs. It should be real TOUGH. Heheh. As of now, my flare is loose. the metal mounts are all worn and soft. so I can actually move the flare around by hand.

Ahhh. Damnit. I popped all four of my flares off roading. I am gonna bolt them back on the ghetto way.
I plan to bolt all four of them using the existing holes in the sheetmetal.
I am going to run a bolt through the flare itself and through the holes with a nut in the fender.
Should be foolproof, UNLESS I hit a big shiznit.

got yer own little thread going here :lol:

The bushwhackers are easy to knock off too. Some folks install larger bolts with them on the first install for this reason. If you can get larger bolts/heads to work on the stock flares do it, it's worth a shot

I just drilled the flares and used carriage bolts. Works like a charm.

Back