rim and tire ?

AKASHAJEEP

I currently have a set of the bfg A/T KO's 30X9.5 and am wanting to go ahead and put on some rims, but I am not sure if I can put a set of 15X8's on those tires and be ok with them.

so what do you guys think? also how would the 3.75" backspacing affect the stuffing of the tirez? will the tires hit the fenders at all?

I'm runnin' 31x10.5's on 15x8's with no problem. I can't see the inch making much difference. If you're talkin' airin' down and such, can't help you there, but I can't imagine it being a problem.

Not much help, but at least I answered. :roll:

mud

I have that width tire on an 8" wheel. Stock TJ's came/come with 8" wheels and 30x9.50's.

As for the 3.75 backspacing, that is too much for an XJ - they will rub. If you want that BS, try a set of bushwhacker flares, it may help.

Stock BS is 5.25, optimum is around 4.5". My 16x8's are 5.00 BS and I do not have any contact with 245/75/16 (31x9.50's) anywhere with a little over 4" of lift.

THX guys!! that helped me make the final decision!! not exactly the one I wanted to make but I have made up my mind!! LOL
15X8 rock crawlers with the sim beadlocks! with 4-4.5 bs!! only problem is the cost right now!! just have to wait a little longer!!
but by going this route I wont have to buy rims again when I upgrade the tire size! ill just have to continue upgrading. gears and maybe some lockers. :D

THe black wheel will look sweet on your white XJ!

The wheels I got are not simulated beadlocks, but they are very similar to the rock crawler. They are very cheap at quadratech (like $29 a wheel) of you get the 15" variety. Mine are 16" and were a little more.

They will order a particular BS if you ask them too. I ordered mine.
http://www.quadratec.com/cgi-bin/sg...2&UREQC=3&UREQD=4&FNM=00&UID=2003030421354994
Cragar "soft 8's" or "397":

SEE THEM HERE:
image-missing.png

I know you like the beadlock look, but these wheels are a heck of a deal.

deffinatly not a bad wheel but I dont think I like the circle look of them compared to the D shape of the ar 767's and rock crawlers. I dont know though cause i could get a set mounted balance and all for around 225.
and they would be a good starting point!! LOL

another thing what about the lug nutz? LOL ya i know dumb question but these will be my first set of rimz, and I have seen that they require a chronical lug? whats that mean? LOL would the same lugz I have now be more than sufficent for some aftermarket rimz?

THX for all the help!! :D

I re-used my stock lugz.

They look almost identical when muddy
:lol:
here's a shot of them mounted
MyXJsig-3.jpg

Conical seat. The part of the lugnut that goes against the rim is shaped like a cone. Use whatever type of nut that the rim manufacturer says to use unless you want to know what it feels like to have a rim come off while you are driving. At the least, you can damage the rim. The aluminum rims on my CJ require a shank type seat, where the hole in the rim is bigger and the lug nut passes through it. Your factory lugs are probably conical, I would guess.

Junkpile said:
Conical seat. The part of the lugnut that goes against the rim is shaped like a cone. Use whatever type of nut that the rim manufacturer says to use unless you want to know what it feels like to have a rim come off while you are driving. At the least, you can damage the rim. The aluminum rims on my CJ require a shank type seat, where the hole in the rim is bigger and the lug nut passes through it. Your factory lugs are probably conical, I would guess.

THX!! after reading your descripton of what conical means, I know they are. I cant tell you guys how many times I have taken the tires off for other reasons, and know exactly what they look like!! LOL

THX again guyz for all of the help. :D

Your stock lugs will work fine on the Rock Crawler wheels. They use the same type.

well I did a little playing around in photoshop to get an idea of what the cragars would look like on akasha. and to my amazment I actually like them a little more than the ar767's!! LOL not more than the simmed beadlocks though but deffinatly more than the classic D look. thx for the suggestions and explanitnations on everything!!
some of your feedback on the pic would be nice too!!

image-missing.png

I have experience with wheels.

15x7 : tire from 8" to 11.5" wide

15x8 : tire from 9" to 13.50 wide

15x10: tire from 10.50" (not recommended), but 11" to 14.50" wide

I ran 32x11.50 on a 15x7. 33x12.50 on a 15x10. Soon to run a 31x10.50 on a 15x7.

Back