'00 Cherokee Cargo Area Vibration

hinsone3

RE: Re: RE: Where has been Sully ?

Hey all! My '00 Cherokee has started to experience some annoying vibration which sounds like it is coming from the rear cargo area.

I tightened down the rear spare and that seemed to lessen the vibration but its still noticeable.

Seems I only get the vibration/noise when the vehicle is sitting at a light, stop, etc... as opposed to driving

Any help, comments, are appreciated. Thanks!

I have narrowed mine to the headliner where the rear speakers are. I have not fixed it yet, but that could be where yours is as well.

Mine is also a 2000 XJ
[edit]
Mine is while driving though

I have experienced the same thing with my 2000 xj, but have not had time to investigate it too far. Part of the noise I fixed. It was the plastic skin on the inside of the hatch right at the bottom of the window. I tucked some foam tape behind and and that stopped that. It just recently started again. I haven't had time to look at it to see if the tape shifted or if it was something else. This must be some kind of design flaw for three 2000 xj's to have the same problem.

RE: Re: RE: Where has been Sully ?

....well, if you didn't sit in the cargo area while driving, you wouldn't hear the vibration! :lol:
i have a 2001 and i haven't heard a peep.....although there are also two 10" usually pounding back there, so i don't think i'd hear anything anyways....

*but yea, the rear speaker cover is a loose one....*

-j

RE: 1999 Jeep Cherokee For Sale with Rubicon 4.5 lift

Nice to know I'm not the only one who is getting this problem/annoyance. I'll keep looking and see if I can isolate the noise and the cause

Thanks for the replys!!

I also have a 00 XJ and have had vibrations coming from the back like that. Mine are only in drive while stopped. It comes and goes. If I switch to park go go figure it out, it goes away. It is also only when it is cold on a cold day. Once the car warms up, it doesn't do it. I just live with it.

I get a slight clunk from my front end while going over bumps sometimes. Anyone shed some light on this please?

RE: Re: ordered some parts today

I have a '97 XJ and whenever I get a friend to drive my jeep around so i can sit in the back and figure out where the damn rattling is coming from, it isn't there. Go figure.

jay79cj7 said:
I also have a 00 XJ and have had vibrations coming from the back like that. Mine are only in drive while stopped. It comes and goes. If I switch to park go go figure it out, it goes away. It is also only when it is cold on a cold day. Once the car warms up, it doesn't do it. I just live with it.

That is the exact problem I am having in terms of vibration in drive but none while in park. Doesn't seem to be related to the temperature as far as I can tell. Annoying!

RE: Do I get a pin?

I'm not sure if this is going to help but, I had a vibration coming from the back, and after I took the spare out I noticed that the plastic siding? If that's what it's called, was loose. So I pushed it back in with a little bit of force and tightened all the screws. On the 95 the plastic connects together and seemed to have wrigled out of place. That seemed to do the trick.

Back