ticking noise

Sly8795

Re: Bumper Suggestions

I have a ticking noise from the front of my engine its most prominant. It did this 3 years ago when i had it and i got my lifters replaced and it still did it. are my valves not adjusted properly or what could this be. i have a 117xxx on it its a 90 and 4.0 and id like to keep it running any suggestions and fixes on this would be helpful. Thanks

If it still ticks and the engine isn't running.......RUUUNNNNNN!!!!

Hi,

First thing to do is make sure that nothing which moves is coming in contact with the radiator or surrounding metal or shrouds (like the fan blades, etc...). I know it seems obvious, but a lot of times it is easy to overlook the simple stuff :mrgreen:

-Nick :!:

RE: This may be a first

does the clicking increase with the engine speed or is it consistant with different speeds? you said that you had lifters replaced 3 years ago and it clicked then, has it done it since then or has is just started again? could it be the module that takes gas fumes back to the gas tank, it clicks also.

RE: Re: Random Poetry...

I just replaced the belt and we looked and nothing was touching the radiator and such. The clicking happened before i replaced and continued after i replaced the lifters. I believe it does get quicker as i increase engine speed once i get up there though the engine is to loud and i cant hear it. Its defiently there at idle more prominent when first started cause no oil up top but it does quiet down a little bit after it warms up but i can still here it.

nice response on the ticking by the way south. Got a nice little chuckle out of that.

Back