Just bought a 95 Cherokee Sport, what's the first thing

jaymed1998

RE: Re: RE: Times are changing and so is my ride

I should do ? Ihas about 100k miles on it but it runs great. It had one owner before I bought it. It has NEVER been off road. The inside needed some cleanup but the outside is immaculate. The only thing I have done to it was:
Change the oil, change the air filter and clean the intake, fix both the front & rear bumpers ( both were about to fall off form loose bolts) and put new wipers on it.

I have always been a Ford guy and can do almost anything short of a rebuild. How different are Jeep engines to work on and how much reliability should I expect from a Jeep with high mileage.

Any suggestions or reccomendations will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Jason

RE: Wranglers don

First thing you need to do to it is get it real muddy, then post some pics.

Second thing is make sure you have real recovery points - a class III hitch works well in the rear, and a front hitch is good in the front. Being unibody, you will appreciate the extra strength the hitch gives on a pull.

As for high-mileage, its just getting broken in. If you take care of it you should get 200k before you have to do much of anything to the engine.

BTW: Welcome to the board

RE: More Power!!!

Which engine in it? I know that if it's the 4.0 I-6, you should have no worries for quite some time... The rear main might be seeping a little by now, and you'll want to keep an eye on your oil pressure, because when it is getting ready for a rebuild, it will go down, but besides that, keep the oil changed, take it wheeling every now and again, and it should be no problems :)

Welcome to Jeepz!

RE: Manual Hubs

if its never been offroaded, then the first thing you need to do is offroad it. def get some recovery front(either a drawtite front hitch or some rusty's brackets/hooks) and rear(class III hitch). and then the lifting begins........

RE: wrangler top on a CJ7?

armor before you lift it. at least skids all over. try your local junkyard for starters. best to protect your investment, and learn to drive stock first, and then lift after. do not make the mistake of lifting and offroading without armor!

graewulf said:
First thing you need to do to it is get it real muddy, then post some pics.

Second thing is make sure you have real recovery points - a class III hitch works well in the rear, and a front hitch is good in the front. Being unibody, you will appreciate the extra strength the hitch gives on a pull.

As for high-mileage, its just getting broken in. If you take care of it you should get 200k before you have to do much of anything to the engine.

BTW: Welcome to the board

X2, well said.

BTW, someone has a front receiver hitch in the for sale forum ;)

looking for a cj tub

yeah i'll agree with TC and grae, recovery front and rear, but i also firmly believe that armor is just as important of an investment.

on some other forums i'm on, they swear by armor, they tell all the noobs to get armor first, find out how you drive, find out how your vehicle handles, and then from there, you can determine how big you need/want to go. just MHO.

RE: Rear toe Hooks for 05 TJ

Armor would be #2 if you plan to play in the rocks. You need recovery points to run with most clubs and to go in any park.

How's this for a Mother's Day gift? (PIC ADDED)

TwistedCopper said:
Armor would be #2 if you plan to play in the rocks. You need recovery points to run with most clubs and to go in any park.

I agree.. my next investment is armor and a 2" BB lift so I can hit the blue 1 trails at Paragon.

Back