2" lift 31" tires 99 Cherokee Sport

ooklk

I was just wondering if this would work out good on my jeep. If there was going to be any other modifactions i would need. Would this be allright on the trail or would anything be rubbing or scraping. [addsig]

what are you looking to acheive here? with any lift you'll need a front end alignment... but that lift/tire combo will work well, what wheels will you use? stock?[addsig]

I donno Dingus. If he has offset rims he's really gonna screw up those pretty new tires. 2" is a good start thought. Why are you only going with a 2" lift? I say go 4" and get some offset rims, ditch the fenders, and you got an awesome trail truck![addsig]

With only 2" the rear tires will be eaten up before you know it. Front will rub fender flares too. What you need to do is cut out the underside of the rear flares and then bend up as much as the outer lip of the body as you can (the part the fender covers). or, you can extend the bumpstops to avoid doing that stuff. It is a pain, but for me it was worth it to keep the small amount of travel i had. I only have 30" tires and I had to do this. [addsig]

I've got a 93 Cherokee with a 4" lift and it has 31"s that won't rub, but a friend of mine also has a 93 with 3" and his back tires rub, and occasionally when we go through the rocks they'll hang up bad, I would either go to a bigger lift, or 30x9.50 tires instead. Neither of us have trimmed fenders so that may work out for you, but I'm not sure.[addsig]

A 2" lift w/ 31's-you'll get no rear tire rub, only fronts will rub the bottom corners of your front fenders some though so you may need to do some crafty trimming, but nothing major if you're only planning on running on the street. I've been running this combo for about 6 months now w/ no real problems. However, if you do some significant off roading you'd want to step up to a 3" lift b/c you'll run into rubbing which is why I'm about to upgrade to a 3" myself! LOL :cool: [addsig]

So I want to add a question to this thread.... I have a 99 WJ GC Laredo and want to put a 2" lift or blocks with 30" tires.... Had 30" tires on Dustin's 98 Laredo with a 1" (up country)lift and had no problems... what is so different about the sport that would make this such an issue?

Well if I'm wrong someone say so but you can't put blocks on that grand Cherokee its coils all around. No leafs so u need bigger coils...

2" with 31" will rub.
We tried that :)
Even with 245/75/16 and 3.5" lift there are some rubbing from time to time.
(245/75/16 is the same height like the 31" )
Saar.

My XJ has 2 inch coil spring spacers on the front and 2 inch leaf spring blocks on the back, I run 31x10.50 Bridgestone Dueler AT's with no rubbing at all, even in sharp turns and hitting bumps.

Back