crankshaft sensor

caper1

93 grand cher. with 4.0 i'm an old guy with limited tools and experience is there an easy way getting this out.[sensor?] many thanks.[addsig]

the crankshaft sensor is attatched to the transmission bellhousing. it detects the teeth on the flywheel as they pass the sensor during engine operation and provides the computer with information concerning engine speed and crankshaft angle. it is used to advance/retard timing and control Fuel injector pulses. it is held on by two bolts.

(paraphrased from my haynes manual)

-nate[addsig]

thank you dingus its just that i find it difficult to get my fingers between the fire wall and the bolt on the sensor just too old and stubborn iguess anyway thanks again[addsig]

i haven't seen the thing myself, but perhaps some spray lubricant or something would help out? hopefully its not as cold where you are as it is here... take it easy![addsig]

ok dingus winters on the way i guess thanks again see you later[addsig]

well dingus and baloo i got the sensor out. it was a little difficult because i had to lay on the ground and it was cold anyway i have to buy a new one i guess see you all later thanks for the info caper1 [addsig]

If you have read the above you will see why I am proud to be a small part of the Jeepz.com board. Good work guy's. Tug
image-missing.png
[addsig]

And what did you use to get to the 2 bolts holding the TDC sensor to the bell housing? I'm having a dickens of a time finding the right combination of extension, swivel, etc. Thanks for any help or ideas you can offer.[addsig]

Back