new to forum, could use advice

kendrick_d

I'm new to this forum, but old to jeeps. My old jeep was a stock '86 Cherokee Pioneer. Once that had rusted to pieces it was replaced with a '98 Cherokee Sport which had the origenal steel wheels on it, in rather rusty condition.
I have replaced these with a set of 15 X 8 American Eagle wheels with 235 Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revos. Unfortunately the new wheels are further outset than the stock wheels and rub at the front fender on bumps. I am thinking of raising it two inches and have looked at the budget kits from rustysoffroad and jeepinoutfitters. I am also intersted in fender flares if they do not require trimming any sheet metal. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
-Kendrick

Road trip yesterday

I recommend Rusty's if you are going to lift on a budget. I like there product and have never had any complaints. I have the 4.5" lift. Without trimming, that package allows me to fit 32's.

235's metric = 28" so, I'm surprised you are rubbing. What's the backspacing on your new wheels? Maybe exchanging for a less agressively backspaced set will cure the ills.

There are better lifts out there though, but for the amount you are looking into (2 inches) I don't think there is any reason to go with the most expensive brands out there. Rusty's BBS should suffice. You might have tired springs, in which case this is a temporary solution.

RE: jacking points

235's will rub a stock XJ, so you'll be fine with a 2" budget boost. Rubicon Express (what jeepinoutfitters sells) or Rusty's would be fine.

RE: Engine whining (A/C makes worse)

My 2 inch lift is on its way from Jeepinoutfitters.
Thanks for your input.
-Kendrick

Possibly a wiring issue?

Good call. Should be a pretty straight forward install.

Back