temperature gauge sensor

ROGLSTUBB

Slow cranking and stalling

I know its been awhile since I have been around the here but if figured if anybody would know this some here would.

I broke the engine temperature gauge sending unit the one that controls just the gauge not the one that goes to the computer on my 94GC. Autozone lists the one that goes to the computer but I have been unable to find a part number to the the one I am looking for. Has anybody here replaced this and have a part number or remember how the found it.

Hm... Don't know the part number, but there may only be one unit... I doubt it though... My sending unit was going, when the gauge flatlined, the engine would run super rich and stall out. On my buddy's '95 4.0, there is one on the back of the head, on the drivers side, right up near the firewall... This is the sending unit for the gauge... There's also the one in the thermostat housing. This is the sending unit for the computer/electric fan...

However, on my '00 4.0, the one in the back of the head does not exist, upon some trial and error diagnostic testing, it appears that both senders have been combined into the one up front with the thermostat housing...

That's all the advice/knowledge I can bestow...

The one on the head back towards the firewall is the one I broke. It just controls the guage. The one for the computer is near the thermostat. It still works fine I broke the other replacing a leaking valve cover gasket. Thanks anyway I am going to the dealer today to check see what it is going to cost me.

Back