Radiator Stop Leak

RE: Well, I

I don't like the stuff, but in an emergency it'll get you home. If you're thinking of it as a permanant fix, I'd say no way. Get your radiator re-cored or buy a new one.

If you happen to be the 1 in 5 that it really works for, it's still not a good idea. I don't like it. It doesn't just stay in the radiator, it goes through all of the cooling passages in the engine too......and I just don't like the idea of that.

I've never heard of the radiator shop that I use charging more than 40 bucks to fix a leak in the tons of Jeep radiators I've sent their way.

RE: commander commercial

my vote is NO! only works 10% of the time, the rest it'll just clog your $hit up!

i always carry the aluminum filing type of stop leak, its saved two other people twice in one day at tellico and theyre still running with it. thats the only stop leak ill use. that and eggs. they actually work, ive seen them used on an fj40 at crozet one time when he flopped and put his fan into his radiator

RE: Rate your Jeep

Yea my problem is that I get leakage, sometimes none sometimes alot, that I notice when I get to the Jeep. I am trying to figure out if that is a cheap fix. Or if it can be patched by a radiator shop or if I need to replace it all togather?? It is a 92 4.0.

Just take it to the radiator shop. It probably won't cost that much and it'll be a lot less than if you need to replace your waterpump and or thermostat because you clogged them with stop work, oops I mean stop leak :lol:

Back