Turn signal flasher - JGC

RUPedro

I can't find where the new flasher goes! I have a 98 JGC and my Haynes manual and Owners manual have different pictures and descriptions for the fuse and relay locations than are actually in my Jeep. I got a new flasher unit since my turn signal all work, they just do not flash. I think the unit may plug in behind the glove box, but I think the only way to get at it is to remove the glove box door. Does this sound right? I have looked under the dash and removed fuse panels and front side panel inside and also fuse/relay box in engine and can't find the turn signal flasher. Any help appreciated since I'd rather not take this to the dealer. Thanks!

RUPedro, I have the same question. I have the relay (9 pin black case) and I have searched the steering column and the relay/fuse section of the engine compartment. Is the relay hidden behind the glove box? Did you ever find it? Gotta be somewhere. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it. BTW, sold the 89 cherokee and upgraded to a 2003 grand cherokee laredo :)

ive always found the relay for the blinkers to be in the fuse block under the dash. now i dont know anything about grands, but should be the same right. i may be wrong, its happend before.

jeepless20, Thank you for your response. I tracked the flasher relay clicking noise to the black plastic fuse box under the dash on the left. But I am at a loss to figure out where the black relay plugs in? I remember the good old days when the relays were easy to locate and replace. I see all the mini fuses...just no relays. Is the black plastic cover on the back removeable? Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you.

hmmm. im thinking there is a spot for it under the hood in the main relay block. ive never had to change a signal relay before so im a little unsure of its main relay location i guess you could say. i always thought that one under the dash was the only one, but im only 20 somthing so i still have some learning to do.

Thank you jeepless20, you think logically and I did check the fuse/relay block in the engine compartment. Alas, no flasher relay. Thank you Mud4feet. The second website was very clear on how much of the dash had to be removed. It's a lot easier when someone who has experienced removing the dash parts explains it, rather than a "break and learn activity" :) Once I got to the relay board located high above the fuses I was able to replace the relay and everything is great again. Thanks to Jeepz, you guys rock!

You're welcome! I know it's hard to search on the computer when you've got grease on your hands!:purple: :purple:

Glad to hear everything's good to go!!

I can't find where the new flasher goes! I have a 98 JGC and my Haynes manual and Owners manual have different pictures and descriptions for the fuse and relay locations than are actually in my Jeep. I got a new flasher unit since my turn signal all work, they just do not flash. I think the unit may plug in behind the glove box, but I think the only way to get at it is to remove the glove box door. Does this sound right? I have looked under the dash and removed fuse panels and front side panel inside and also fuse/relay box in engine and can't find the turn signal flasher. Any help appreciated since I'd rather not take this to the dealer. Thanks!

The flasher on my 96GC is beside the fuse panel in front of the passenger side door. The fuse box access door does not allow access to the flasher unit. I have to remove the plastic panel (3 screws) to get to it.

Back