CB radios

jakbob

i wanted to know what wiring and parts i would need to install a CB radio into my xj...ive searched and searched for a website but i can't find a general set up that works well in a vehicle...just looking for some help. thanks.

cb radio has 3 wires, hot (power+), ground (power-), and the antenna. wire the hot to your cig lighter, ground it to anywhere, and hook up your antenna.

here's where i mounted mine in my old XJ:

image-missing.png

and if you wanna have some fun, get that extra wire for the PA, and mount a speaker under the hood. makes city driving fun :)

I just wired a cig lighter plug on mine. I only use it on trail rides so it makes it easy to put in/take out.

yeah so i got my cb in...thanks for all your guys help..had to do some fabrication (and by fab i mean cutting and ripping fiberglass) i'll load some pics up later...

you cut and ripped fiberglass?!?! damn, this better be one slick looking install job. cant wait for the pics.

yeah its sweet. installed about 4 inches up and 3 inches left of the right taillight. was a complete B**** to do in the night at 29 degrees.....just need to get more coax...8 ft not enough...maybe 12 or 16, rather have slack to play with...btw you will hear some wierd stuff on ch 19....really wierd stuff..

wow. i'm even more suprised that you were talking about cutting for the antenna. i thought you meant you carved a hole in the dash for a clean looking install. so what did you do inside then? just slap it in between the seat and console?

wow. i'm even more suprised that you were talking about cutting for the antenna. i thought you meant you carved a hole in the dash for a clean looking install. so what did you do inside then? just slap it in between the seat and console?

i did it similar to dingus cause it looked like a good place, ya know, not in direct flow of my heat vents and what not, and it would be easier to run the coax to then to run it from the dash to the back gate. and its really accessable. most of the cutting was on the back gate (if you take off the rear plastic cover on the gate you will know what i mean) to fit my big a** hand in, and then there were like, more fiber...****ed me off...but i got it and i just need to tune it correctly...just picking up a lot of static..but still get signals on the trucker channel, so i know it works...just need to know how to do that. if any of you could help, plz do so

wire the positive wire only to ur fuse box up on top there should be empty slot thats what i did and took my old radio antena off and put my cb one there :)

Back