What kind of mileage should I expect out of a 1990 spec 4.0?

90Wagoneer

Just a question since I have had this on the road for a week now and I have done 600 kms on 90 litres of gas.

I am used to driving a Corvette that would do 420 kms on 90 litres so I am not sure I am a good judge.

Is my Jeep's milage normal or low? If so by how much?[addsig]

Depends alot on how you drive, and what kind of driving you do. Your a little high for mostly highway driving, about right for a combination of city/highway and pretty good for mostly city driving. The best I did with mine was about 12 liters for a hundred kilometers, the worst was about 20. The biggest improvement I got is when I switched to 29" or 235 X 75 R 15 tires, seemed to be a good combination for mileage, but did degrade the handling a little. The 4 liter doesn´t seem to be a very fuel efficiant motor, but a vast improvement over the older carburated motors.[addsig]

blech... i operate under 'american' terms... i get about 14 miles per gallon on my 4.o... i also beat the piss out of it.[addsig]

About 16 liters per hundred kilometers. Took me awhile to figure it out also..
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Stock I used to get about 16-18 MPG (Sorry no time to convert) I run 33's and 4.11 gears now and probably get around 12-15 MPG. I usually punch it hard too.[addsig]

Imerial gallons or US gallons? Us furrynurs, pay close attention to the gas mileage. Gas is close to $4 a gallon here, or Euro 1.10 the liter for regular.
image-missing.png
I´ve always gotten pretty crumby mileage, must have something to do with the old size twelves.[addsig]

Back