error code help

mujaman

i had my 1997 cherokee out for a little bit of off-roading yesterday and now i'm having problems today. it was fine the whole time i had it out and immediately afterwards, but this morning my check engine light came on and it began to cut out intermittently every 10 seconds or so (it would just cut out for a brief second though... enough to make it lurch and then go again... as if i was taking my foot completely off the gas and then stomping on it).

while i was out yesterday i went through quite a few large puddles and some stream crossings and am guessing i got some moisture somewhere it shouldn't be.

my error codes are 12, 24, 47 (and then end code 55).

i looked those up and they all have to do with the electrical/charging system... but it seems like my problem is more ignition related.

any help would be great!

12 Direct battery input to PCM was disconnected within the last 50 Key-on cycles.

24 Throttle position sensor input above or below acceptable voltage.
TPS signal does not correlate to MAP sensor.

47 Battery voltage sense input below target charging during engine operation. Also, no significant change detected in battery voltage during active test of generator output circuit.

Could be a bad coil, or bad TPS.

well its going in the shop today... i need to atleast get it checked to see if its a TPS before i go replacing (expensive) parts.

a few days ago it started idling high (2000+ rpm) out of nowhere. it started this right after it decided to quit hesitating while driving. the idle kicks up even higher if i turn on the AC compressor... which is weird because it normally lugs the engine down. any ideas...?

Bad TPS and/or a dirty throttle body. It's easy to remove a throttle body and bench clean it. The IAC motor controls the idle, and often gets dirty. It's on the side of the throttle body and bolted to the IAC housing, which bolts on with 4 tamperproof torx bolts.

Back