2.5 trouble

jakbob

ok, so my 2.5 might not be as bad as i thought...i threw in my friends cars battery and the engine turned over...BUT it exponentially got slower and slower and slower untill the starter woudlnt turn over...now mind you the engine never fired up show im looking to see what you guys think it is...i think i might need a new starter or something so i can really test a theory out...

Hmmm... Is it slowing down quickly, or did it take a while to get slower and slower? That starter will kill a smaller battery pretty quickly. At any rate, I am thinking that your larger problem is it not firing up, you're either not getting fuel, or spark, would be my guess...

yea it turned over real slow...much slower than normal, for about 3 times, but each time it got slower....like waah waaaaaah waaaaaaaaaaaaah -nothing-

Was the battery dead after that, or did it just not want to start anymore... What's the background story on it anyway, all I know is that it does not run at the moment, haven't been on the boards as much as I would like lately.

Wow, don't know how I missed that... At any rate, have you found metal filings in the oil, coolant in the oil, oil in the coolant, etc... My guess is that your engine didn't enjoy the lack of coolant when you drove it out...

I have nothing else to offer at this time... :???:

Back