anti-freeze leak

CJ5_Will

I realize that it will be hard to get help w/ this one because u arent here to see it but anti-freeze is leaking from behind my bottom hose. it runs down and leaks off the back of my oil pan. I checked and made sure that the hose clamp was tight but that didnt fix it. So I think its the water pump could I be right?

well thats what I was thinking doesnt seem like its gonna be that hard to change alldata says it will take about an hour and a half

yup shouldn't be that bad, drain the coolant (i'd just disconnect the lower rad hose) and unbolt the thing. make sure u get a new gasket and see that the old one is completely cleaned off...

I calld the parts store they said 20 for a refurbished or 40 for a new one will the refurbished one work ok or should I buy the new one

get the new one. ive seen too many refurbished ones that when i installed them and started the engine the bearing is making noise or the start leaking rather soon afterward.

yeah, you're already saving money by installing it yourself, i'd go for the new one too, that way you're sure you only have to do it once.

Back