Sound System Question

thatonedudecale

Hey, I own a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4. I was wondering if anyone knows how to hook up a mp3 player through a 1/8 inch cord. From what I hear, there's no input devices coming into the cd player. I'm not a huge FM transmitter guy, a lot of sound quality goes down the drain. I hope someone can answer this because I have to use cds for my sound quality, but an ipod would be so much easier. Thanks for your time,
Cale

Welcome to Jeepz!

Does the cd player not play MP3 or MP4 right off of a recorded CDR?

jeep_tsi said:
you might try convrting songs to wave format which is what they were originally go to www.download.com.com and download the program known as dbamp music converter
thats the obvious solution, i'm sure he's got regularly burned cd's that he uses, which are about 12-15 songs. mp3 cd's would allow you to put 100+ per cd.

hooking up the mp3 player directly is the money way to do it. my suggestion, buy an aftermarket deck. i've got an alpine, i bought a $20 cable (alpine made) that plugs into the AUX input on the back, goes out to RCA plugs, bought a monster cable that was RCA to 1/8 inch, walla! ipod in my car. the deck also plays mp3's, so if somehow, i can't find a song i want to listen to on my ipod, i can throw an mp3 cd in there too. my job requires me to be in my car a lot, 30-40 hours a week are spent in my car, so trust me when i tell you that this is the best way to hook up your ipod in a jeep. do aftermarket.

Back