Started My Build Up

Chapes1010

So I finally started my Cherokee build up, i bought my first cherokee (which is now my parts cherokee) in july of '05. wednesday i pulled the motor and stripped all the fenders doors and windows off so i have spares. Then today we pushed the parts XJ out of the garage and pulled in my Wheeling XJ that we started building. it has a bad piston ring so she smokes quite a bit so im gonna wheel that motor till it blows then ill swap in my other 4 liter. but my question is ill be running a high pinion dana 44 front and a ford 9'' rear axle both are full width, how much lift should i go with for fitting on a set of 36's. ill settle for 35's if i have to. i already know that i will have to cut my fenders i have heard go 6 inches in lift and ill be good when it articulates if i cut the fenders. any ideas are welcome, thanks
-Matt Chapin

Chapes1010 said:
it has a bad piston ring so she smokes quite a bit so im gonna wheel that motor till it blows then ill swap in my other 4 liter.
-Matt Chapin

Matt

Why not take care of the motor issue while your working on everthing else and be done with it? Just my 2 cents...:)

I dont know my dad and his buddy that is helping me both said the motor problem doesnt seem to be that bad. It's bound to blow and it a little short on power but they said its a good motor for me to learn how to wheel with i would like to put the new motor in but they are both telling me not to.

I run 6" with 32" and rub in the front on full compression, with extended bumpstops. 6" with a lot of fender cutting may work for 35" or 36".

Back